Low lifes around Coolgardie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
This has been taken direct from a prospecting page on face book. I do not know if it is true or not but if it is and you are out that way please be careful. If you do see anything suspicious or people acting suspicious please report it immediately to the police. We do not need people like this out and about.
Screenshot_20230824_172501_Facebook.jpg

Gutless thieves🤬
Did I here a similar story of guys on dirt bikes doing the same thing on this forum,
I always stash a bit of water around camp just in case the 4b gets knocked off.
There’s a fellow on YouTube that had his 4b knocked off over east that tracked it down using a AirTag left in it.

I had bit trouble at mt magnet circled around me for about hr in a LandCruiser then sat up on a hill for about another hr then decided then metal detect with in 50 m made me and my wife uneasy told my wife code word that we got for certain situation photo vehicle the person and contact with someone that cares U mangane the conversation between him and I mmmm.have U got permission to b here ,we got 10000 Acers to prospect wtf piss off U got 2 min to prove your presence or put things in place, it wreck my 40e permit there

I had bit trouble at mt magnet circled around me for about hr in a LandCruiser then sat up on a hill for about another hr then decided then metal detect with in 50 m made me and my wife uneasy told my wife code word that we got for certain situation photo vehicle the person and contact with someone that cares U mangane the conversation between him and I mmmm.have U got permission to b here ,we got 10000 Acers to prospect wtf piss off U got 2 min to prove your presence or put things in place, it wreck my 40e permit there
There are always some unscrupulous people around trying to catch you off guard so they can either steal anything when you're not in site of your vehicle or caravan or watching for any sign of you finding some of the gold stuff, so they can move in or worse. I never lose site of my vehicles and never go out on our own when venturing out at any of our sites.

We had a similar experience in Victoria a few years back whereby this person came up to us and asked us if we were allowed to be where we were. Firstly, I asked him to show us his credentials, which caught him off guard, and he said they were in his vehicle. As he went to his vehicle my mate followed him without him knowing and took the registration down, because this bloke just got in his vehicle and drove off. We rang the proper authorities and within a couple of hours we got a call saying this person has been warned before of his presence by other detectorists to the appropriate authorities. It still is an unsettling feeling when this sort of thing occurs.

We had a similar experience in Victoria a few years back whereby this person came up to us and asked us if we were allowed to be where we were. Firstly, I asked him to show us his credentials, which caught him off guard, and he said they were in his vehicle. As he went to his vehicle my mate followed him without him knowing and took the registration down, because this bloke just got in his vehicle and drove off. We rang the proper authorities and within a couple of hours we got a call saying this person has been warned before of his presence by other detectorists to the appropriate authorities. It still is an unsettling feeling when this sort of thing occurs.
Was this around Tarnagulla?

This has been taken direct from a prospecting page on face book. I do not know if it is true or not but if it is and you are out that way please be careful. If you do see anything suspicious or people acting suspicious please report it immediately to the police. We do not need people like this out and about.
View attachment 10888
Is there a scour
It was near Tarnagulla
Oh yeah. It's that bloke.

For what it's worth, I have never had an experience like those listed above....many many years in the field...including living out there etc etc. One thing though...we almost always only work our own tenement and so can control to some extent who is there.
Agree never had any problems out bush but , just like swimming in the ocean, you never know when the grey nurse will drop in.

Latest posts