lost wedding ring

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalnLiz

Wal nLiz
Reaction score
Got a phone call last night from a good mate....been at soccer training and realized when he got home that his expensive 18ct gold wedding ring was missing...bumma...just about to head down with the detector to see if "lady luck" will be kind to us....hope we can find it before it gets added to the long list of treasure that's laying around out there....let you know later in the day if we find it....Cheers Wal. :rolleyes:

Thanks Goldbuzz, Nugget ,And Wooster.....Talk about a win / win situation that exercise turned out to be.. :D Didn't take a digging tool as the ring would have been lying in the grass (about 200mm long).. Gridded the area and only went about 20m up first grid line and what a fluke....scratched under some long grass and up popped the ring....got told he paid 3 grand for it....so he was ecstatic. That all aside, there were signals in the ground every where...and I'm talking hundreds. ;). Just happens unbeknown to me that all the footy teams.. (including Raiders)....do their exercises here and it's in a park I would have never thought to have detected....They do all their star jumps /sit ups /shadow boxing with gloves..(that's how Danny lost his ring)...and there's also an exercise area there with all sorts of push up benches and the like.....Talk about a spot to try with a digging tool next time....Cheers Wal :D

Sure will be Rick.... ;) I'll definitely be concentrating on jewelery..... :) looking at the area, and considering most of the exercising happens late in the evening and after dark under lights, I'm sure there will be some interesting finds...and to boot , the grass is always fairly long ,so anything that drops ...stays dropped..Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks Ag man....you just never know...occasionally someones bad luck can turn out to be your good luck.... :) sort of made my day..Cheers Wal. :)

The park isn't very old so no pre dec, stuff....but I'm thinking heaps of modern stuff and I'd eat my hat If there wasn't jewelry lying around....Will do a serious dig soon and post the loot..(in anticipation). :D Cheers Wal. :)

My brother in-law threw his grandfather silver fob watch that was given to him into a srcubby garden because it was not working. I hired a A2B from NQ miners den and found it within minutes stll looking good after 20 odd years. Hope you find it as quick as i diid. Do you have a rough idea to start or its the whole paddock?

Harry

Was down at Culburra beach around chrissie just gone. As we were about to go, noticed a crowd building around a few "scratchers in the sand". So i asked them, "keys or ring"? A ring was the reply. Offered to to come back one day with the detector if they didn't find it. But they finall found it after looking for around an hour. The whole crowd joined in with the relief when it was found.

I reckon Wal, you just have to threaten a gold ring with a detector and it gives in & turns up !!! :D

FF.

I'm suer glad it turned out that way FF. :D But if you saw the area and how long the grass was, you would have given yourself at best, odds of 1000 to 1. :eek: Finding that ring so quick seemed harder than winning Tatts Lotto. All's well that ends well I guess...Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts