Lost My CC Pick @ my local beach...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So devo yesterday when I went out to start a long swing at the beach only to realise before I started that I left my CC pick at another beach the night before.

Has anyone else done stupid stuff like this when detecting?

Yep. Lost a brand new overhead fishing reel still in box at Narrabeen. Unpacked my fishing gear and put the box on the roof of the car, grabbed my rods and went fishing. Realized what I had done 10 minutes later but was too late. Someone found it before me.

Left a rod without checking the drag....fish head as bait. Brother did a pee pee over the side of the wharf and said this should make the fish come....at that instant the rod flicked twice and then boom it was air born, took flight and quickly disappeared into the darkness...never to be seen again. I loved that rod!

Umm, yes, I'm very guilty leaving stuff behind as of late! Hence why my pinpointer now has a lanyard on it.

So far to date, one plastic scoop and one Garrett digger. 8.(

I lost something at St Kilda beach when I was 16 - and it was no pick. The lovely Wendy was her name, probably be a grannie by now (shudder).

Lost my patience on a deep target in the middle of nowhere.

A place that I'll probably never return to and probably never find if I did. Justified it at the time with, I have a commitment to be in a certain place at a certain time, probably just a hot rock, if only I had a kango hammer, this 40 deg heat is making me delusional, I know this spot I will just have to come back to it next time.

Doesn't take away the pain of not knowing though....and it was my fondest deep target ever, I still think of it often. 8.(

loamer said:
I lost something at St Kilda beach when I was 16 - and it was no pick. The lovely Wendy was her name, probably be a grannie by now (shudder).
That's a Pissa :D

Its probably buried in the sand. What you need to do is go to the beach with a metal detector. :)

Twapster said:
Left a rod without checking the drag....fish head as bait. Brother did a pee pee over the side of the wharf and said this should make the fish come....at that instant the rod flicked twice and then boom it was air born, took flight and quickly disappeared into the darkness...never to be seen again. I loved that rod!

Did the same a few years ago, but luckily, my mates rod got snagged, but we worked it free without breaking the tackle, and pulled it up, and what do you know, he caught my rod :cool: :lol:

I actually left it on the grass next to my car as I was packing up.. at night too! so someone would have taken it home, hope they get some good use out of it!

i found a small cc pick in the bush about 3 weeks ago, down in gippsland. It looked like it had never been used :)

hardyakka said:
i found a small cc pick in the bush about 3 weeks ago, down in gippsland. It looked like it had never been used :)
Well some of us are lucky.

Not so lucky, i met another bloke in the same area about 15 mins earlier, who told me it was his 1st time down there. There is a hut at the end of the track where we were and we both went down for a look.
i walked around the side of the hut and found the pick sitting on the ground.
I showed this bloke what i had found and he told me he lost it the day before......
i gave him the pick.......
even though it was his 1st time down there :/

hardyakka

Shame they didn't have a lost and found forum in the 1800's, would love to research where Doug Ditches lost that gold sovereign or fob watch????

Latest posts