Lost iPhone at Tuena :(

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firegirl

Teresa Charchalis
Reaction score
Hi folks, had an awesome time at the get together in Tuena last weekend, unfortunately I lost my iPhone - I think when we were all sitting around the campfire on Sat night. I know its a long shot, but thought I'd try my luck, see if any prospectors happened across it during their packup? Knowing my luck, its under a big pile of cow dung right now :( If you did happen across it, would love to hear from you, its got a purple clip case, iPhone 4. Thanks heaps, T x

A bit of a shame, have you tried ringing it to see if someone has picked it up?
Cheers
Brad.....

I'm not an Apple guy, but when I got Mum an ipad for Christmas, I put that 'find my ipad' app on it....it was really good and I always knew where the old girl was!!
Not really!!,
But did you have anything like that on the phone?

firegirl said:
Hi folks, had an awesome time at the get together in Tuena last weekend, unfortunately I lost my iPhone - I think when we were all sitting around the campfire on Sat night. I know its a long shot, but thought I'd try my luck, see if any prospectors happened across it during their packup? Knowing my luck, its under a big pile of cow dung right now :( If you did happen across it, would love to hear from you, its got a purple clip case, iPhone 4. Thanks heaps, T x

Have you tried a Find Iphone app. It will point to where your phone is (assuming phone coverage in Tuena).

Rich

hey all, thanks for the feedback, unfortunately there's no service in Tuena, so its showing as 'offline' in Find My iPhone app :( I suspect it is well and truly lost. I have a backup of all my contacts & photos ... just a pain in the bum losing it, its not covered by insurance as we paid the contract out a year ago. Ah well :)

firegirl said:
... its not covered by insurance as we paid the contract out a year ago. Ah well :)

Check your home contents insurance.
Our's has an extra thinggo that we said yes to - called "unspecified items away from home" - upto 3 items per claim. Upto $1000 cover per item.

So if you drown your phone in the creek or lose it, run over your camping generator etc. then you are covered for that too ;)

I claimed my mobile once. It too was out of contract. I left it in my pants pocket & put them thru the wash :8
Got a new phone with a new 2year warranty :D

Pretty sure it's a $50 or $100 excess.

Great insurance to have...

Hi Firegirl.
We packed up camp the following day from that spot and always do a look around for forgotten stuff or rubbish.
Sad to say I didnt spot anything. Might be an idea to PM Bob/Franma and they can have a walk around the campfire again.
Cheers
Chris

Latest posts