looking for some highbanker advice. noob here..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke79

luke
Reaction score
I'm building my own hibanker and am going to head somewhere near tooloom in northen nsw.

First I want to say hi, I have been reading lots of posts and it's great to see a nice community.

Please keep in mind I'm building light because it all must be strapped to my back as I ride a motorbike and I'm trying to spend less than 400 bucks..

Ok first the highbanker, the top box is folded alloy 1.6ml @ 1meter by 30cm with a boiler box and couple of large rifles with a classing screen. Sluice is two 1 meter by 30 cm boxes end to end.

I guess my question is on water flow and rifle/carpet.
The trays are light about 3kgs total. Each slightly smaller than the last as to fit inside each other for travel.
I need to keep trays clear and all carpet / rifles legs, hoses and boiler sides packable.
I have a 7kg dirty water pump max215lpm but I'm sure I don't need quite that much flow.. running that is a 850w 17kg petrol generator.

Some advice on combinations of water flow and sluce setup would be awesome.

Tooloom. It's a 2h45m ride as I'm on the gold coast. So most weekends I'll be finding somwere to sleep. Has anyone any advice on tooloom maybe some nice places to start :D I would love to meet up with any one over that way some time to move some earth or just friendly advise.

My sluce should be finished in around three weeks.

Thanks all
Luke.

Maybe some pics would help us? Check the DIY section (Walbanker) on the forum for ideas. Almost anything will trap gold, and you can trap either by plain gravity (low flow), or speed it up and trap with velocity (high flow). Velocity bankers are more technical and require much more accurate flow/ riffle settings etc to get correct vortex action. Be careful u are not blowing gold under your mat.

Maybe John from the Central Coast can post his pics on his "baby banker", it looked very impressive at Nundle and might give you a few ideas. In most instances the top section with "no carpet" can be better to allow better liquefaction. However I'm no expert, if you want lightweight just use "bread crate method" and nothing else! I was surprised how well it performs.

Twapster thanks for the advise I'll have a good read through the diy section.

Nugget said:
Topic moved to the DIY section :)
Thanks Nugget. Wondered where it went I will post pics and some details when i get the trays next week.

Latest posts