Looking for experienced detecting buddy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
I am new to detecting have a minelab 5000 plus the normal gear to go with it, but no experience.
Did a 3 day course in Cue WA in may, found 4 nuggets and had to leave due to unforseen circumstances.
I am now on the Gold Coast QLD and would like hook up with some one experienced who can help me.
Aged 73 very active, totally self contained nomad, 9 tonne truck 5th wheeler plus toyota hilux for camping.have been on the road for 5 years full time with my wife also active.
Easy going and prepared to travel prefer QLD western NSW end of july

regards
Max

Hi Max, welcome to the forum.

You've got yourself a nice little setup by the sounds of it, I'd love to travel around the country and hope to do so later on in life.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding someone to show you the ropes, and in the meantime there's plenty of guys here willing to provide knowledge and advice on the forum.

P.S. I just moved your post to allow for more specific responses.

Nugget.

Welcome Max, sounds like you're living the dream mate, and by the sounds of it you've got the best tools for job. The 5000 will certainly keep the nuggets flowing. Hope the forum answers many of your questions and if there's any additional advice you require just throw at at the members.

Best of luck and look forward to hearing about your adventures on the gold fields,

Cheers Wal,

Hi Max,
Do you do any detecting on the Beach. I frequent the coast quite a bit and have just started this great interest, but not with that much success as yet. Would love to tag along with you some time before you head further away.

Col

Hi Max, Hope you find someone to help. We too will be on the road next year & have got a 5000. Doing ok finding small nuggs over here in the Golden Triangle but really want to get over to WA. Would love a 5th wheeler but need to find the bigger nuggets Lol ;)

Latest posts