look what my pro pointer can pick up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't wrry changing to copper any metal will do. When I am pinpointing coins and having trouble I just slide my left hand with wedding ring on down the pinpointer and achieve the same effect.

Are you waving the pointer on the end of a stick like a detector? If so that is awesome!

Hunting the yellow said:
garnethawkins said:
Two words mate, HOLY CRAP!

lol amazingly small hey ? :)

Incredibly! I wasn't really sure they were worth the money, CLEARLY i was wrong :8
so what detector where you running to stumble across them to begin with?

Wow that's amazing.
Wonder if my ML Pinpointer works on things that small...

Does anyone have any experience with the Minelab unit.

I had been told that the Garret must be kept behind you when detecting as it can interfere with the signals on the detector but this may have been misleading.

regards

Hunting the yellow said:
garnethawkins said:

These are an amazing find. I have never used a pinpointer - could you please tell me how they react to mineralised soils like we get in Victoria? Well done!!!!!

xobazzip said:
Does anyone have any experience with the Minelab unit.

I had been told that the Garret must be kept behind you when detecting as it can interfere with the signals on the detector but this may have been misleading.

regards

Learned that real quick when I had the Whites TDI haven't bothered carrying the pro pointer with me since getting the GPX. I hear that if you put the probe into a faraday cage that it will stop it. Something to do with the capacitor across the coil not being disconnected when switched off. Put it into a cut off deodorant can can stop the signals...

loamer said:
These are an amazing find. I have never used a pinpointer - could you please tell me how they react to mineralised soils like we get in Victoria? Well done!!!!!

When you turn the pro pointer on it may react to certain soils. Touch the soil when you turn it on and it will balance to that soil.

loamer said:
Hunting the yellow said:
garnethawkins said:

yeah it gos nuts on the iron stone but like what ben said ground balance it :D but ive found you can allso miss gold trash coins ect doing this i guess you just have to dig everything you hear :D but if its in a crack in a creek bed its most likely gold :D

Propointers are a non auto-tune type detector and don't require motion so if you 'load' the detection area with metal right on the edge of being detected then the amount of metal required or the range to a piece of metal required to trigger a response in the detector becomes minimal. You can actually get them to beep and bringing metal near will just increase the rate of beeping - even more sensitive but a bit annoying...

I have heard that the Minelab pinpointer does not interfere with Minelab detectors....does anyone have any knowledge about this???

xobazzip said:
I have heard that the Minelab pinpointer does not interfere with Minelab detectors....does anyone have any knowledge about this???

Not true, mine does, might depend on settings also, in Coin/relic mode it really interferes as soon as the pinpointer is turned on. In Fine gold I don't think it was as bad.

I'm using a CTX3030, and the couple of times I've sat it not too far to the side of a hole and used the ML Profind it hasn't interfered.

Latest posts