long weekend . who went where and what did you get ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Sylvania and planted some Hydrangeas for mum on Sat and got rewarded with a bit of sunburn :)

gavfromoz said:
I went to Sylvania and planted some Hydrangeas for mum on Sat and got rewarded with a bit of sunburn :)

thats a good investment in the past

its a hard job being a good parent ( for both mums and dads )

so its good to reinvest something to pay them back for it

not everyone is a good parent lol , not everyone had good parenting , but for those that did i hope they send a bit of nurturing back there

when the opportunity arises i explain to other peoples kids that its hard work being a parent , and if they see mum or dad feeling tired or stressed , they can help out by taking them a drink , cup of tea or a sandwich

to watch their mind ticking over , and see them actually doing it is pure GOLD :D

You're spot on HeadsUp. I tell that to my kids often and their boyfriends as well. Makes you feel proud when you see them almost about to get married and they haven't lost what they were taught as they were growing up. :)

I went to Ravenswood and camped at the local showground with my partner. we revisited an old ghost and checked the mullock heaps but only found rusty nails :/
the next morning i caught up with a local who advised the locals had picked over that place plenty of times, so he pointed me into the right direction up a creek, but he didnt tell me that, then he put me onto a property owner that was approachable, but he didnt say that either lol...all very hush hush out there so we spent some time in dry creek beds but only found wire :/
found two interesting cubes of lead about the size of your little finger nail in two different areas, not sure what they we were for but interesting all the same. so we got some info from the locals and have a new plan of attack next time :)
another local also advised that when the wet season starts and the creeks get some water in them again you can get color out of all the creeks there. I might have to invest in a sluice over summer and give it go.
even though we came home with no gold, totally exhausted and sore it was fantastic to amongst nature and explore again, we came accross a tree in a creek bed that came alive with a thousand butterflies as we walked under it, was amazing.

We had a pretty quite one, on Saturday we took the young bloke to swimming lessons, had lunch with my sister, a bit of shopping then headed home. The rest of the weekend was pretty casual, watched a few shows, a little tidying up here and there and a few relaxing beverages. Meanwhile about 3 people in my neighborhood were hosting parties but I think they must have forgotten my address because I wasn't invited to any of them?? :eek:

long weekends are great but i am starting to prefer prospecting on weekdays to avoid " The phenomenon "

The phenomenon being when you get 6 families coming up for a chat asking the same old

" did you find any yet " maybe / maybe not. do you have a drug habit ?

"is there gold in australia :eek: ? " Yes , check out www.prospectingaustralia.com

" can i see it " maybe / maybe not. do you have a drug habit ? as per above

"my mum said you're messing up the inviramint with that plastic frisbee thing " ( environment ) , No , see that bucket on the back of my ute filled with other peoples rubbish i am taking home ?

i dont mind sharing , teaching and being neighbourly but 6 interruptions on average lasting 20 or 30 minutes each clashes with my digging protocols

and who wants them watching where your favourite spot is ?

lol

thats my whinge for the month :D

ha ha ha I Feel ya there headsup :D:D :p

went to visit family for the long weekend, but found some interesting rocks on may way out to banana to see my sister.

Posted pics in the gemstone and minerals section, need help to identify them :D

made a herb and vegie garden wit the missus we decided we'd see what we had that could be re-purposed, ws good to see the barrow go to good use :)
1381203694_1381939_10151997590476004_598445703_n.jpg
1381203707_1383798_10151997590756004_145604001_n.jpg
1381203720_1390729_10151997590596004_792265580_n.jpg

1942 sixpence at Tinaroo last night.I went up to stay over night so I could start work early. Lazing around reading GG&T, thought I'd have a birthday swing at about 8.30 pm, pitch black night and dropped the coil straight on the sixpence as soon as the old Explorer fired up. Happy Birthday to me :D. Love finding pre decs.

gavfromoz said:
GD, did you run that pay-dirt through a sluice before you used it in the barrow? :D
lol no but the stones that made up the base were donated from unprocessed material
:( care of my missus, she figured I didn't need this buckets of stones as I had so many ...,

At tuena for a swing around some old workings no gold but a nice 1912 three pence
First thing I've found so far.....
Cheers GR.....

TenOunce Tone said:
Cowley Beach... caught some sun sand and salt... ohh and some toasted marshmallows..

Did you get those marshmallows with a lure or bait on a hook ?

No matter what I use for bait all I ever get is chuppa chups

Sounds like you had a perfect weekend :D

Goldrocs said:
At tuena for a swing around some old workings no gold but a nice 1912 three pence
First thing I've found so far.....
Cheers GR.....

Sometimes the first bit is the hardest , but once you get past that hurdle it all seems to fall in to place and before you know it you accept that good luck is natural and you start getting good days with multiple wins

Amazing what it can do for your optimism :)

G'day

I had to work, so I spent the day hitting golf balls at passing ships
1381261528_image.jpg

Cheers

Chimpy

Latest posts