Legal action?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Not sure, what's the reference to the title "Legal Action" :|

From his channel

1571233214_screenshot_20191017_003851_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Worrying. I know he just recently did a video and straight after, someone vandalised the site and stole some historic equipment. He felt responsible for showing off the historic site. By the look of it, I'm not sure if it is related or something else.

Well that is a shame really nice guy. Genuine in his approach and happy to share.
It is a real pity people are getting litigious when all they had to do is talk and leave out the legal side.
The only people who make money out of this are the legal profession and cause bad feelings.

I hope it all turns out okay for him and the other guys are not dicks about it all.

HH

Sandbagger said:
Balmain Bob said:
He shot a video at History Hill and Malcolm isnt very happy about it as he apparently didnt ask permission to do it or credit the Museum in the video and then put it up on Youtube.

You're effing kidding me right?

Do I have to ask permission to shoot a video in a public space now?

Bloody hell this world.
History Hill is not a public place/space.
It's a commercially run business on private property.
I don't necessarily agree with it but they are within their rights I guess.
Without seeing the now removed video maybe there is more to it than we know here?

It's easy to see a lot become fans of these types of YouTube videos & seem to place the makers of them on a pedestal. It's pretty apparent to me that a lot of them tend to focus on pleasing the flock & not so much on following regulations or rules.
Making entertaining videos doesn't make you right or give you rights even if it may seem frivolous to most of us.

mbasko said:
Sandbagger said:
Balmain Bob said:
He shot a video at History Hill and Malcolm isnt very happy about it as he apparently didnt ask permission to do it or credit the Museum in the video and then put it up on Youtube.

Bloody hell this world.
Without seeing the now removed video maybe there is more to it than we know here?

It's easy to see a lot become fans of these types of YouTube videos & seem to place the makers of them on a pedestal. It's pretty apparent to me that a lot of them tend to focus on pleasing the flock & not so much on following regulations or rules.
Making entertaining videos doesn't make you right or give you rights even if it may seem frivolous to most of us.

Totally agree with what are saying!
There has been a huge surge in prospecting related videos going up on UTube.
I have noted some videos show digging into creek Banks etc, which is clearly not allowed, a fairly recent Video many parts shows significant disturbance of a creek bank. Looking at the channel not one person has commented on this? So obviously many are going out and doing the same thing elsewhere.

mbasko said:
Sandbagger said:
Balmain Bob said:

Bloody hell this world.

His money is made from viewers not gold, many a place has been messed up because he identifies locations to the X . He has been criticized for a long time and appears to not have learnt a thing.
A shame because he seems such a knowledgeable and likable bloke.
Wal and Liz were happy to share and educate but the hobby was ALWAYS forefront in their mind.

GaryO said:
His money is made from viewers not gold, many a place has been messed up because he identifies locations to the X . He has been criticized for a long time and appears to not have learnt a thing.
A shame because he seems such a knowledgeable and likable bloke.
Wal and Liz were happy to share and educate but the hobby was ALWAYS forefront in their mind.

I thought I saw a while back that he was annoyed at people leaving crap behind, he said he was no longer giving away fossicking locations, only techniques and other information.

I see a lot of folks do the same in the beginning, but soon learn the consequences of giving location information away.

Still, I'd be interested to know what the real issue is here.

Yeah super sad really.

Old mate a while ago selling detectors and gear makes the news for ripping off people for $1000s and noone can really do a thing,

Bloke makes a video in the wrong spot and pulls all his content for fear of legal action against him....

Sometimes its hard to make sense of it all these days.

Hope it gets resolved shortly.

Latest posts