Lake Eppalock area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if the Lake Eppalock areas a good area for detecting in ive heard it is please enlighten me please fill me in thanks tim

When researching a new area I will type that area into the Google machine.
"Lake eppalock gold"
"Lake eppolock alluvial gold"

If gold has been found in the area you will get plenty of leads
Then you will need to check if prospecting is allowed in the areas returned in the Google search and away you go.

Good luck yellowmellow :goldnugget:

I can tell you that one of my grandfathers name is on a plaque at the weir being one of the ones that initiated the building of the weir.
He was a black smith in Rochester.
The family story is that he rode his push bike to Melbourne more than once to get it done.
He actually died whilst riding his push bike about 55 years ago

yellowmellow said:
Hi does anyone know if the Lake Eppalock areas a good area for detecting in ive heard it is please enlighten me please fill me in thanks tim

Its not as good as the GT is, most of the gold is fine and there is not much of it. :eek: :poop:

Thomo said:
I can tell you that one of my grandfathers name is on a plaque at the weir being one of the ones that initiated the building of the weir.
The family story is that he rode his push bike to Melbourne more than once to get it done.

With all due respect to a family member what a terrible way to go.

A mates Old man was killed when a large object fell on him at work.

What I mean is if I had a choice neither of the two scenarios would be my choice. Anyhow it reminded me of this story.

Many years later my mate was having a chat with me on his backyard while his two daughters were busy playing. I said to him it was a pity his old man never got to meet them. His reply was "The real pity is he didnt think to chuck a sickie that day".

I spat my beer out and we laughed together for a bit. Aussie humour at its finest.

OldGT said:
Thomo said:

With all due respect to a family member what a terrible way to go.

A mates Old man was killed when a large object fell on him at work.

What I mean is if I had a choice neither of the two scenarios would be my choice. Anyhow it reminded me of this story.

Many years later my mate was having a chat with me on his backyard while his two daughters were busy playing. I said to him it was a pity his old man never got to meet them. His reply was "The real pity is he didnt think to chuck a sickie that day".

I spat my beer out and we laughed together for a bit. Aussie humour at its finest.

Not to hijack the post about gold around Eppalock but another couple of mates were playing golf one day .
One of them Davo hit onto the green which must have been a three par.
He was walking around looking for his ball.
He found it in the cup.
He looked to the sky and said you bloody beauty and fell to the ground.
My mates thought he was mucking around.
He was dead.

Now can anyone find gold around Eppalock

Latest posts