Keene rock crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im going to get one of the Keene rc1 bucket crushers next week for sampling and have a few questions for anyone who may have one.

How noisy are they?
How much fuel does it use?
The specs say about 40kg an hour, is this accurate?
Does it get it ultra fine first run or do you have to rerun it?

I know you have one MadTuna, have you managed to kill it yet?

Thanks in advance
DD

That airfilter/carby on the engine looks like it drank too many red bulls and is bouncing all over the shop lol

Thanks Headsup, yes I know it only does up to 1" that is ok. A quick hit in the dolly will do that. The hardest part of dollying lots of ore is from 1/4" down, it just takes too long and I have been doing a lot lately.
This is only for sampling it's big brother the RC46 is the production machine I am getting. It will do 6".

DD

hi DD,
great for sampling, and crushing ore as long as you keep in mind they are designed for small loads and hobbyists.

We haven't killed ours but it's fairly well warn as we've put through literally tonnes and tonnes of ore.
It has done well and above what it was designed to do and done it remarkably well.

Some times you have to put it through two or three times to get it to powder, but it sure beats a dolly pot.

As noisey as a lawn mower, dusty as hell but as I said, beats the hell out of a dolly pot!

Glad to hear yours is still going MadTuna. The ore where you are would be similar to the stuff up here I think.
Can you weld some hardface on the wear parts or are you going to get some spares?
Hope all is going well out there for you, Elvis and the crew.

Cheers
DD

hopefully we'll be able to hard face it, not sure yet. Most of the ore is regular plain old ore, but there was a fair few tonnes of some of the hardest oddest looking ore we've ever seen yet it still handled it!

Very impressed with the little keene I must say.

Getting hotter day by day as you'd well know. Elvis p***es me off! I go in to the local van park and strangers come up and ask "is this the famous Elvis"?
I reply "yeah this is her" They then pass me their camera and ask if I can take their photo with her...no bastard asks for their photo taken with me lol

My mate had one - loved it!

He's since sold all his gear for various reasons.

He had a trailer mounted Vtwin Briggs jaw crusher that you could put football sized rock into, it would come out at 1" or less.
That he could run thru the Keene & depending on hardness, it would come out almost like talcum powder after a run or two.

madtuna said:
hopefully we'll be able to hard face it, not sure yet. Most of the ore is regular plain old ore, but there was a fair few tonnes of some of the hardest oddest looking ore we've ever seen yet it still handled it!

Very impressed with the little keene I must say.

Getting hotter day by day as you'd well know. Elvis p***es me off! I go in to the local van park and strangers come up and ask "is this the famous Elvis"?
I reply "yeah this is her" They then pass me their camera and ask if I can take their photo with her...no bastard asks for their photo taken with me lol

Hahaha, I have seen a few pics from your quad tours and everyone seems to like photographing Elvis, she is quite a celebrity. You may have to stop prospecting in your jocks if you want to be in more photos :D

Hi all,
My father and I have just released a 2 gold rock breakers onto the market.
The GRB 777 and the GRB 777 XL amazing little machines. They are all on wheels and weigh 105kg and 130kg.
We have got a the design patented here in Australia and its pending in the US.
We have them advertised in the gold gem and treasure magazine October, November and December.
I have only just joined this forum so I cant add a link to some youtube videos yet still need to write a few more posts.

Look forward to reading the follow up posts

cheers

Jake Armstrong

Welcome Jake, watched your vid - impressive and very reasonbly priced -well done and good luck.

ArmstrongIndustries said:
Hi all,
My father and I have just released a 2 gold rock breakers onto the market.
The GRB 777 and the GRB 777 XL amazing little machines. They are all on wheels and weigh 105kg and 130kg.
We have got a the design patented here in Australia and its pending in the US.
We have them advertised in the gold gem and treasure magazine October, November and December.
I have only just joined this forum so I cant add a link to some youtube videos yet still need to write a few more posts.

Look forward to reading the follow up posts

cheers

Jake Armstrong

Hi Jake, I've just sent you an email.

Cheers,
Nugget.

Latest posts