Just became a member of this site.....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I live in Northern Suburb of Melbourne.
I think I find my real hobby.

Years ago, someone I know asked me to go half investing in a good metal detector for gold hunting. I did not think of anything then. I thought if it is that easy to find gold everyone will be already doing it...

recently I watched youtube video by Klugscheisser Dan.

I was hooked. I cannot stop watching it! It is interesting!

I did not want to spend a lot of money for detector.... I saw another youtube video about minelab go find series detector. SO I bought a Go find 60 from ANaconda for $349. I bought it even though there are so much better one out there for much less price but I just love the folding mechanism!

So hit beach near my work. First time I found a 10 cent and 5 cent coins and some foil..... Next week I found some euro cent, 1 English pound, and another week I found AUD$ 4.50! ( I also lost folding shovel bought from Rays for 19.99! So it is loss now! :mad: ) I need get another one now! :mad:

I hit hill near my house and I found some bullets, bullet casing, bird ring, horse shoe, other iron junks etc... It is hard work!

I am wanting to find old relics old coins but not sure where I can go.....

I am also in process of making digging shovel so I need to go to bunnings later on. Someone in here provided template for it! Great idea as good one cost a lot of money here!

After watching many youtube video from Kugscheisser Dan, I found He is using XP Dues! I am totally a big fan of that detector now! I already contacted distributor and he suggested, I collect enough coins for a while to bu XP dues! :eek: ! So I will be collecting more coins for a while...... I will also sell my other junks I collect so I can fund for it.....

But I think I should practice more with GO FIND 60 for now. :cool:

See you around!

Welcome to the forum capa, beach is easy digging in the sand, but no matter where you dig, even on the beach you must still fill your holes and make look like you were never there, ever ! :)

Hi Caparobertsan welcome to our humble abode(chinese new yr tomorrow)-getting into the feel of it. Neighbours across the road are all chinese and have a babnquet with about 20 people every night of the week. Gotta live in chef etc. Someting to do with Chinese Petroleum Industry-$$$$$$
Oh well i guess there will be a lack of stray cats for the next few months!!!
Jaros :p

Hello, Guys
Thanks for reply!
Because I lost shovel so I needed get another one. I went to Mitchells Surplus shop. However in process of parking my car my bumper hit blue stone edge! It will cost me another $1500! XP Dues won`t be coming any time soon now.
I really need to go for the GOLD!

Yes I always cover the hole after retriving my treasures(Learnt that from youtube and common sense I think.). I will try park tomorrow because I bought a digging tool from eBay and it has arrived!

Latest posts