June long weekend tuena

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was a good weekend, had a good night at camp with rosco and the boys, met a couple of the local boys ( Adam and drover ), cheers for bringing the wood down drover and cheers to rosco and the boys for comin go the rescue when big red decided she didn't want to go in to gear leaving us stranded halfway between tuena and crookwell, dane0 your a champion! And cheers to the bloke who stopped and took gee back to tuena to get help.
A shame we could only stay 1 night but it was a good one, we even managed to pull some good yellow :)
Can't wait to get back out
1402283122_image.jpg

The loot

Digginholes,

I love Tuena. Only been there once but love the place.

The the gold you pulled makes me even keener to get back.

What were the temps there? Have to love Drover bring you some wood, must have felt sorry for you guys.

Also on your higbanker the Aluminium strips that hold the bread crate down, are they fixed permanently or do they pivot and have mounting screws? I need to do the same to mine. I had little arms that swung down but want to replace them.

Phantom

Gotta be happy with that. Cpl days of gold hunting put a smile on anyones face. Hope you had a great time. Thanks for the share.

It was cold enough to not need an esky for drinks and stuff.. Water was dam cold, I think rosco(reeks) and the boys organised the wood delivery we just joined our camps and shared the fire instead of lighting a second.
Phantom the strips are bolted up the top permanently as the pivot point at the end of the sluice a bolt in the middle with a wing nut, un do the wing nut lift it up and pull out the crate but I suggest putting it the other way round with the pivot points at the end if the sluice and the bolt higher up it will work better

Digginholes said:
Was a good weekend, had a good night at camp with rosco and the boys, met a couple of the local boys ( Adam and drover ), cheers for bringing the wood down drover and cheers to rosco and the boys for comin go the rescue when big red decided she didn't want to go in to gear leaving us stranded halfway between tuena and crookwell, dane0 your a champion! And cheers to the bloke who stopped and took gee back to tuena to get help.
A shame we could only stay 1 night but it was a good one, we even managed to pull some good yellow :)
Can't wait to get back outhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2490/1402283122_image.jpg
The loot

i second what d-holes has said here was a top notch week end cheers to all the boys (dammo,azza,rosco,and the rest we will have to do it again soon and ill wip some of the pics up as well

Some mighty fine gold you guys got there, making the itch of the chase worsen by just lookin at that lot.
I worked all weekend and was wishin I was out in the scrub digging a bit of dirt.
Still I have got 14 bkts of classified dirt downstairs to quench my thirst.
Well done.
Brad.....

digginholes.. you and the lads with you were just great company and it was a pleasure to play for you ..even if the music was a little countified for your liking..hehe..i'm an old dog,hard to love and even harder to change..hehe..wished we had found you on sunday,we might have gone home with more yella then we did.That said, we came home with great memories and newfound friends.. and discovered we share similar values....and that my friend is 24ct.hope the truck was not to expensive to fix and that.See you at the diggins on another night under the Southern Cross.Cheers..Rossco and the Banjo man.

Digginholes... You and the lads were good company,had an awesome night hope the big red got back ok and it was my Pleasure to help out brother anytime. Nice colour u guys ended up with good job hopefully we'll catch up again soon cheers Damo !!! Lol

nothing like a nice warm fire on those winter mornings

just giving ya the heads Up , if you see any brass monkeys running around out there i already checked to see if they were made of gold but nah ... bugga just plain old brass

happy digging :D

so now here are some pics of my initial clean up
1402307517_tuena_gold_trip_1_008_1024x768.jpg
1402307539_tuena_gold_trip_1_007_1024x768.jpg
1402307569_tuena_gold_trip_1_013_1024x768.jpg
1402307593_tuena_gold_trip_1_014_1024x768.jpg
still got some cons to clean up and re run the cons i panned out to dayto see if/what i missed . so far 1.4g pritty happy with that ;)

Gold Digga Dano said:
Digginholes... You and the lads were good company,had an awesome night hope the big red got back ok and it was my Pleasure to help out brother anytime. Nice colour u guys ended up with good job hopefully we'll catch up again soon cheers Damo !!! Lol

Ha ha damo !!! Watch out for the doolies and be carefully around wombat holes lol catch ya out again soon

Latest posts