iView Back Roads Series 8 Leonora WA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were there last year when they were filming. Film crews did lots of different venues and activities. Only so much they can fit in a program. None of the bike racing made it, but guess it didn’t fit the local scene. Nor did the art competition.
Looked closely but didn’t see us in the background either. A bit about gold but not the real deal with it being a venue for so many seasonal Detectorists.
It’s a good show- I’ll watch it again on iview.

We were there last year when they were filming. Film crews did lots of different venues and activities. Only so much they can fit in a program. None of the bike racing made it, but guess it didn’t fit the local scene. Nor did the art competition.
Looked closely but didn’t see us in the background either. A bit about gold but not the real deal with it being a venue for so many seasonal Detectorists.
It’s a good show- I’ll watch it again on iview.
not the real deal????

not the real deal????
Tony, meant not everyone goes on a group tour. Wasn’t meaning to put down the excellent job you do educating prospectors and showing your side of gold mining.
There are so many prospectors working on their own trying to find gold. Just muddling along. And a lot who have been coming for years and getting lots. They didn’t show that side of it. With the van park full of prospectors and many camping out in the bush - everyone needs to eat and shop in town.
I don’t think they described how much this means to the town during the season.
But it was only half an hour show….
So much more to include.

Tony, meant not everyone goes on a group tour. Wasn’t meaning to put down the excellent job you do educating prospectors and showing your side of gold mining.
There are so many prospectors working on their own trying to find gold. Just muddling along. And a lot who have been coming for years and getting lots. They didn’t show that side of it. With the van park full of prospectors and many camping out in the bush - everyone needs to eat and shop in town.
I don’t think they described how much this means to the town during the season.
But it was only half an hour show….
So much more to include.
excellent point.

Latest posts