Info please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all, I've gotta week off and looking at going to the warrick area for a bit of detecting I've got a Garrett atx and still learning to use it, I'm looking at going to Durikai and Talgai fossicking areas, I've got my permit and maps and looking at camping at lake leslie and driving out, I'm wondering if someone out there could give me any tips on good places to start or what to look for or do I just jump out of the truck and start swinging ? I'd be grateful for any tips concerning detecting ?

get out and walk you will see the places that have been hit if you are only new and with an atx you will need to just go slow and take your time in an area driving around and doing a bit here and then moving and so on wont find gold look for rocks coming out of the ground and go over it if you find shot lead you are doing good but you need to just go slow and do a area going from place to place doesn't work stick to one place and go over it if you have a 4x4 get off the beaten path
were are you based a few of us in Ipswich go out there a fair bit more than welcome to tag along

This should give you a starting point..

Durikai

https://goo.gl/maps/i7eMYxvWt4o

That roughly marks the spot for the puddler. There is a grave in the vicinity as well. A lot of gold has been found here overtime however nowadays it's a little slower and smaller mostly sub gram'ers, there are some bigger ones found every now and then. If you draw a circle approximately 500 m around that area you'll find a shitton of workings, new and old.

Carbeen Road

https://goo.gl/maps/r5FChpGtw7n

Once again you'll find a lot of workings in this area. It's been raked and rerake and small gold is still coming out of here. I personally rake before detecting in these areas, however once I finish detecting the area I rake it back over just something I try to do. I am no means a pro at detecting for gold but I have spent a bit of time out there and have started to find some gold. I use a Zed and qed and I've now found gold out there with both machines. I don't know how you'll fare with your Garrett but there's no harm in trying.
You can camp at Karara Showground for free but if you want to use the showers it's 4 bucks a night or something like that. you pay at the pub. if you want a powered site it cost you 12 bucks a night.. the pub is very friendly and cooks a great meal. The pub also has some rooms to.
I hope this helps you out a bit. :D

Noel :)

Thanks for the information Cando that's awesome, I've booked into Gleneden family farm for a couple of nights and will definitely be checking out Glenden camping grounds,thanks again Cando will let you know how I go cheers Dave

Hi 227 dick thanks for your info as well ,I'm from tweed and got 4x4 and a good pair of walking boots low and slow ,I'm staying Gleneden farm for a couple of nights and just travel back and forth cheers 227 sick regards Dave

Latest posts