info on toy cowboy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooster

Darren
Reaction score
Crescent Toys Wild West series
Crescent Toy Co Ltd 67 De Beauvoir Crescent Kingsland Rd London.Toy production from 1922 to approx. 1980.Henry Eagles and Arthur Schneider started producing model figures in the rear of a private house. Moving all production to large factory in Cwmcarn in Gwent Wales in 1949.

Started production in 1922 with lead figures and from late 50's moved in plastic.

The extensive lead range was about equal to the John Hill's although none compete with Britains. It included wild west, knights, civilians, animals and railway equipment

Great favorites of mine are the well equipped shop counters., the ice cream parlour, fish shop and the butchers shop , great finds when complete.

Dan Dare figures are very sought after and hard to find in any condition.

Their plastic figures were made to a scale of 54mm or 60mm and covered soldiers, knights, wild west and spacemen.

ay6b83.jpg

I see that they did, I'll have to fish the one I found out of hiding and take a photo of it(lead aussie soldier at attention) to post.

Latest posts