I quit my job!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got disinterested in my job about 5 years ago when a sale of the business fell through. From there it was all down hill. I just lost interest but every so often I would get a little spurt on to keep me going. I put a few months aside and built our little motorhome on the cheap because it was a good distraction and it kept me busy.

In the end I said to Sandra "I've had enough. I've gota get out of here". She was worried about the money as we don't have super or savings but I had to give it away to keep my sanity. We flogged off the business for less than a 20th of the original sale price just to get out. We moved out of the house because the kids are on their own now and moved into a little industrial unit. We get good rental for the house and I spend all my spare time building in the unit. It's quite comfortable now and a lot less upkeep than the house.

Sandra has got used to me not going to work and put in her retirement last month. Life is too short to spend it all working if you can have another option. If all goes to plan we're off on 28th heading east for gemstones and a bit of gold if it comes our way. What ever happens we will be happier on the road than struggling with work that we don't enjoy any more. We had planned for 4 months but the house sitter said that she can stay for 5.

We started with one detector and now we have three. This week I built a willoughby to sort the gemstones so I think we're headed in the right direction :cool:

You will be fine karen and hope things
Really improve for you.

Visualise it, think it, smell it and let the universe
create it For you. Life is too short and One door
closes and another opens.

Best of luck with your future and health.

Wow Moneybox! Exciting times ahead!
Looking forward to reading about your adventures and finds here. :cool:

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and positive words. Clicking LIKE on your comments just doesnt seem enough :8

Hopefully my next post is to show off what I find next weekend panning! :D

KiwiKaren said:
Wow Moneybox! Exciting times ahead!
Looking forward to reading about your adventures and finds here. :cool:

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and positive words. Clicking LIKE on your comments just doesnt seem enough :8

Hopefully my next post is to show off what I find next weekend panning! :D

thanks for the "like" Karen - actually I've had shingles too but a little while ago before the shots were available on diagnosis - an eldery lady friend who'd had it too in the past said to me "good luck son 'cos the pain is worse than childbirth"...... well i survived (although it wiped 7 day's of my life out of my memory) but i get to turn it around when the inevitable comment comes up at social gatherings - and we've all heard it "men can't handle pain - they don't give birth" well I have, (handled pain) and with pride repeat the story and show the mature ladies my scars - thanks Winifred ;) thanks Karen..., you will prevail!

casper

Latest posts