I got my pump!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFossickingKid

Angus Madden
Reaction score
Well I bought my pump last Tuesday and I got it today.

1424077963_image.jpg

1424077981_image.jpg

1424077998_image.jpg

For the people who have this pump can they tell me what these pieces are for?

1424078122_image.jpg

:D :)

You should have a manual in the box?
You got hose fittings and a strainer mate.
I got mine this week too.. :D
I bet your smiling and cant stop looking at it hey hahaha top stuff. ;) have you got hoses yet?
Im testing mine 2moz :)

Well Done,
We who have a Thornado Pump are very happy with them mate.
Treat it properly and it will give many hours of operation.
Make sure to change the oil regularly and carry a couple of spare spark plugs.
NGK preferably. :) :)

Hay TFK,
The first thing I would do is run it in for a while and then get rid of the crappy Chinese oil and put a good quality 4t motorcycle oil in it. And like Tathradj said do regular oil changes.

TheFossickingKid said:
Yeah I can't wait till I get my hoses for it. I'll be pretty much done when I get them!

Ahhh dont think so TFK, the prospecting list never ends when you start reading on this forum. Next you will want a SDC2300, GPZ7000, homemade bluebowl, homemade miller table, rock crusher etc etc. It will never end !! Until your veranda looks like this and the old man starts complaining.
1424152420_rsz_2014-11-18_162536.jpg

Cracka

Nice thing to do.
Put 1 teaspoon of 2 stroke oil to every tank fill for the first 2 runs.
First 2 run's use a non synthetic oil to run it in.
On the third run, Use a good quality semi synthetic oil. Penrite comes to mind.
This will remove any bad stuff remaining from manufacture and bed the rings in with out hassles.
What ever you do, do not use E10 Fuel. :mad:
The motor will be given a chance to settle down and run like a champ.
And finally, Be aware of the bloody so called nylon cord used. Stuff will break real easy after a while.
Especially if you slop a bit of petrol on it. :rolleyes:
The remaining oil I drained out of mine when I got it was slightly black making me think that the same batch of oil was used then strained after test running.
They are a fantastic little unit and I would hate to see you have any trouble with it after saving for so long.
Well done and see you out there shortly. :D

backcreek said:
Hay TFK,
The first thing I would do is run it in for a while and then get rid of the crappy Chinese oil and put a good quality 4t motorcycle oil in it. And like Tathradj said do regular oil changes.

I use BP 98 unleaded in mine and change oil every 6 to 8 hours and still using the standard plug
the parts in the box u will need to use the strainer but I use camlocks not nut and tails on mine Great pump

can anyone tell me what these weigh as it sits here? in the market for a new pump and these seem reasonably priced, want to be able to carry it into areas not hit as hard when i come down south....

Latest posts