i found this today, what is it

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

i found this 6in's down in gold bearing soil, it weighs 23gram, it is lead and i reckon it is a musket ball, what do you reckon

1423111197_p1010231.jpg

Yeah probably a Musket ball, I've found a few out detecting before, they give a great signal on the 5000 when down about a foot.

Hard to tell with that picture mate, also cant really tell because i have nothing to reference it size to, try and scratch it if is lead it will be very soft.

I kinda looks like a mini loaf of Italian bread,LOL

Heatho said:
Yeah probably a Musket ball, I've found a few out detecting before, they give a great signal on the 5000 when down about a foot.

i got just a wee bit excited , digging into the pink quartz 8.(

it was the sweetest of noises ;)

Doctor said:
Heatho said:

Yeah I'm with ya on that frowny face. Still a cool find. Just make sure there is no hole in it, if there is it's someones fishing tackle. I've found sinkers in the oddest places.

Ryan1981 said:
Hard to tell with that picture mate, also cant really tell because i have nothing to reference it size to, try and scratch it if is lead it will be very soft.

I kinda looks like a mini loaf of Italian bread,LOL

i scratched it an it is grey 8.( 8.(

1423111813_p1010232.jpg

Heatho said:
Doctor said:
Heatho said:

Yeah I'm with ya on that frowny face. Still a cool find. Just make sure there is no hole in it, if there is it's someones fishing tackle. I've found sinkers in the oddest places.

no hole in it , just one side is a little flat, like it hit something

Maybe the Windows were there in a different time Frame,... like perhaps 120 years ago(just saying maybe)(ha)
Doctor said:
Jaros said:
Ho'ow about a piece of window putty???
Jaros :lol:

:lol: :lol:

nup don't think so, as there were no windows within cooeee ;)

i found the same at hill end the other week and a heap of melted one i think they made their own balls back in the day from wait i know everyone did

Latest posts