Hunter Valley Region

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Stupaul.
Welcome to Prospecting Australia. You should find plenty of information to help you start your new hobby. I must warn you it is very adictive ;)
What exactly are you looking at? As you posted in the alluvial gold section I'll assume that is your interest.
Unfortunately for those of us in the Maitland area the closest place is Nundle. 3.5 hours or so. Other places such as Hill End and Soffala are 4 1/2 to 5 hours away.
There are a fair few members in the area. There is a group gathering at Tuena on the Anzac weekend. It's about 5 hours away.

Cheers

Ramjet

Thanks Ram.
At the moment alluvial is where I will start, who knows what the future holds. I have read that there are areas around Dungog that might be possible. Got to do research first as don't own a pan yet HAHA, maybe next week I'll look at getting a pan, finances willing.
I did a bit of panning on the west coast of south island NZ when I was just a lad, It was on the tailings left by the big dredges they used. There is still abit of colour left there.

Stu

Latest posts