Howdy from Westaus

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

As my name suggests I am based in WA. Which is a good start. I came across the forum while on a Gold and Silver Forum based here is Oz.

I have had about 7 trips so far, unfortunately only for a few days at a time and covered everywhere from, Southern Cross, Coolgardie, Sandstone, Cue, Meekathara, Mt Magnet, Nannine, The Island and everywhere in between. Unfortunately not a single piece to show for my efforts :( But if it was easy then everyone would be doing it. That is why they call it Prospecting and not Golding :)

We also 100% abide by the tenement rules and only go where we are allowed, this may be part of the reason still no Gold, as anyone who has looked at the WA tenements know that a lot of the good dirt is covered by live leases. I am hesitant to say it but I am almost certain a lot of the youtube videos with people finding Gold have no idea if they are on someones lease or not. At least we know when we do find something it is ours !

In doing my research I have read old historical books and become a hobby geologist (heaps to learn still) scoured over Google Earth, Topo Maps and anything I can get my hands on that may provide a tip or trick, what would be nice is a little confirmation of what we are doing is correct even a little piece would be welcome.

My best mate and I go together and try and spend from a Thursday night (Leave around 6pm stop around 1am) being a sales rep I love driving so travel is pretty easy for me, perhaps others would not like it, but we try to get as many days as possible out there.

I have hired a GPX5000 every time and I own a CTX3030 which we fit with the little 6" Coil which we have been told is good for discriminating and finding the little stuff, perhaps but not yet.

We are heading out again over the Easter/Anzac week and are going to try get away for around 5 nights this time. I have a heap of questions and have notice the forum members are quite willing to help.

In closing even though we have not found any Au we truly enjoy being out in the bush and the scenery and beauty of the outback is amazing, it is incredible once you get out from civilization the feeling I get just being out there.

So happy Prospecting and look forward to chatting with you all.

Westaus

Great to have you on the forum. I'm sure gold will come with patience. You are in the right state so a good starting point. Take lots of pics and post your adventures for us city slickers to drool over.

Peter

Hi Westaus.
Welcome to the forum. You are certainly in the right state to find the gold. Best of luck with it.
Research is the key and you should find some helpful info and people hereabouts.

Cheers

Ramjet

Welcome to the forum Westaus. Great to hear that you abide by the tenement rules, and we hope to think that anybody going over there would get onto Ten Graph and take the time to research the ELs and the permissible sites to prospect before they leave. It's the hand full of cowboys out there that give the honest guys a bad name.

Hope the forum can be of some assistance to your research, and fill in some entertaining reading material between hunts. Your in the best part of Ozz to find the elusive nugget, and persistence will at the end of the day be rewarded.

Best of luck over there and hope the nuggets cooperate soon for you.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Twapster and Ramjet, I truly believe a positive attitude is a big part of everything we do in life, even when the chips are down. I certainly will be taking some pics this trip and with a bit of luck hopefully a few nice pieces to get things going. Look forward to chatting with you all.

Latest posts