How you going in this Heat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OzzieAu said:
Stay cool Manpa..... this is ridiculous!!!
Got both the Evap and portable refrigerated air con on in the lounge and it's still 28 ( thankfully we have solar panels) but that's a dam sight better than 47. Off to the dentist in half an hour might turn the car on five minutes before I leave!

Warm under you verandah mate, stay away from there. :argh: :argh:

East hull lad said:
Last two days in Perth have been raining and windy,it's cooled right down.i'm loving it,it's just like summer in Hull.i danced a little jig in my boxers in the rain,in my back yard last night,not a pretty sight :) sympathies to everyone still getting cooked

Whats cracking east hull lad ? Hey did ya end up getting those rashies for you all?

OzzieAu said:
Adelaide has just broken its all time record of 46.1 deg. Currently 47.7 in the city. :poop:

Thought that might happen when I read an article on it yesterday. That is seriously hot and with all the concrete and bitumen it won't cool down in a hurry. Stay indoors and have a couple of coldies. Pretty warm here today and tomorrow thankfully not 47.

RM Outback said:
OzzieAu said:
Adelaide has just broken its all time record of 46.1 deg. Currently 47.7 in the city. :poop:

Thought that might happen when I read an article on it yesterday. That is seriously hot and with all the concrete and bitumen it won't cool down in a hurry. Stay indoors and have a couple of coldies. Pretty warm here today and tomorrow thankfully not 47.
Mate, if this is going to be the new norm every summer, I will be seriously considering moving to Tassie.

Licking windows said:
East hull lad said:
Last two days in Perth have been raining and windy,it's cooled right down.i'm loving it,it's just like summer in Hull.i danced a little jig in my boxers in the rain,in my back yard last night,not a pretty sight :) sympathies to everyone still getting cooked

Whats cracking east hull lad ? Hey did ya end up getting those rashies for you all?
Hi mate,yes bought the kids and our lass one each,so there all set for the next visit to the beach,hopefully on the weekend and stocked up on some more sun cream.

Well folks we are having a day off here in Sandstone today, I had to find a coat.
1548306953_20190124_131335-600x800.jpg

Bit of a change from the mid 40's we've been getting the last couple of weeks.

Cheers

Doug

Manpa said:
OzzieAu said:
Stay cool Manpa..... this is ridiculous!!!
Got both the Evap and portable refrigerated air con on in the lounge and it's still 28 ( thankfully we have solar panels) but that's a dam sight better than 47. Off to the dentist in half an hour might turn the car on five minutes before I leave!

Warm under you verandah mate, stay away from there. :argh: :argh:

Our Air-con struggling here in Sheidow as well. Might go to foodland shortly, always nice and frosty in there :)

Remembering days when working at the Abattoir back in Young NSW, 45+ outside then you got a job in the blast freezer... -27, body would go into shock!

Just heard on the local radio station that it's 46 at Boonah :8 :8

Absolutely hate it unless I'm under a palm tree by the pool with a Pina Colada in the hand with a nice view :cool:

We have been lucky in vic during this hot weather in regards to no major bushfires. :Y:
I know that they have got a few major ones burning in tassie , any members in tassie that can give us an update?
What about the other members in other states , any fires that are of concern?

nuggetino said:
Got to 49.5 in Port Augusta today. still over 1 degree off the 1960 record (50.7) in Oodnadatta but 7th place isn't bad. I don't mind roaming about in the heat when I have a serious case of gold fever but without that incentive it's a spot in the shade with a cold brew.

They must not have had global warming back then........ :)

I had a shower - cold tap only, I had to run it for 3 minutes before getting under it to avoid being scolded.

Just put the rubbish bins out for collection, only time I've had clothes on since getting up this morning and immediately took em off after.

This is ****in obscene and I'm referring to the temp not my state of dress :)

PS it's 10pm and still 36 C at the Airport.......

Latest posts