How to trim a hedge with a lawn mower

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day

Some years back when I was in the trade a rep from one of the mower companies telling me that in the UK a bloke was killed by a lawnmower, and that his next door neighbor had rigged up a lawnmower somehow to trim the hedge dividing the properties, he said that the neighbor hearing the racket climbed up his side of the hedge to see what was going on and the mower hit him in the head, pretty sure he said it was one of the petrol motor driven flymow mowers.

These mowers had a plastic base and petrol motor, don't see them about these days, anyway on the ground they hover like a hovercraft with the blade providing a cutting edge and air lift for it, also he said that to cut the steep grass slopes around castles they would use on of these flymow mowers attach ropes to it and with a bloke at the top of the bank and a bloke at the bottom of the bank they would swing it from side to side to cut the grass.

Anyway some useless information for you, I imagine work safe would have a fit if they saw anyone doing this sort of thing these days.

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts