How long is a piece of hose?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin&Lee

Colin&Lee
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanting to get a feel for how much outlet hose people generally carry when high banking.

Reason I ask is I just received 25 meters of 1 1/2 inch lay flat hose and it's a huge roll.

Cheers

Col

Kind of depends where you normally dig. We have 100m of hose and have used it all at places like Oallen ford. But there are a lot of spots where 5-10 is enough.
You think the 25m is big, we used to have a 50m roll :eek: after a few times out rolling it up at the end of the day I decided it would serve its purpose better in a few shorter lengths :D

Sorry Col to be a bit off topic... we at the moment are running 300 mtrs of 3 inch.. ;) :/

And when moving it or pulling it in for the wet season etc, we dont roll it back up. Our hose has only been rolled once. What we do is 'concertina' it. No matter what length, concertina it and tie it up. It is also really easy to 'redeploy'.

What we do Col is run a 30m lay flat and have a spare 30m, with quick connect couplings when we need more distance. Very rare that we use the second hose. Cheers Wal. :)

Depends where I'm working but I have seven or eight 20 mtr lengths, 1 x 10mtr, 1 x 5mtr and one each 2mtr & 3mtr. It is all 1 1/2" and allows any combination. There is nothing worse than having kinks all over the place because you are using too long a hose. The kinks create a lot of friction which effects water flow and weakens the hose at the kink.
Why so much? I often work well away from the water up on higher benches.

Creekbed :cool:

Latest posts