How long are your trips?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
8 to 10 months at a time :)
That's not a trip that's living the dream. :)

A couple of mates and I get out out whenever possible, usually a day trip or an overnighter, though planning on a week near Inverell late January. Would love to rent a place for 3-6 months in a good gold or gem area.

Occasional day trips to Adamsfield looking for osmiridium and sapphires. Sapphire trips to the northeast of Tasmania anything from 3 to 9 days, between October and May. It's a 5h+ drive, so I try to spend a few days there.
This weekend Mathinna for gold, as I have to go there for work. 1 day work and 1 day prospect, seems like an ideal compromise!

day trip - just over 2 hours each way, up a 2am on the ground at 4.30am just breaking light and swing till about 1 pm then drive back home again. in winter sleep in till 4.30am.......

Anywhere from 1-10 days and if I'm lucky sometimes 2-3 weeks.
As long as I have phone reception and internet I can run my business anywhere.

Usually day trips with a couple of overnighters thrown in. The day trips are usually very long days, up at 4.30am home by 9.30 pm. I go with a couple of mates, we haven't found anything yet but always have a great day :D . The journey is just as good as the destination.

Between June-July-August-September 12 to 14 weeks in WA. Dunolly (have a block there) & other areas around when we can leave on a Friday and back Sunday night quick trips but fun. Now is our high time work nearly every day till end of January no time off right through Xmas and New Year. Planing to head to the Cape then WA next year. Plus fishing live near the Murrumbidgee River Wagga Wagga lol.

Usually day trips the odd occasion of camping for a night or two with my brother. Work 6 days so between work and the Missus best chance I get is sleeping in the car for a not so fresh morning but heck at least I'm there early. My birthday this year was spent in a car. Couple beers baked beans and gold fever. Maybe not again wasn't so great

2day trips mostly as Nundle is the centre of our universe. Love the fishing and camping there. Take the detector out every weekend that I'm not looking for colour.

G'day

I work 4 days on 4 days off so.....4 day trips! Also get 2 blocks of 12 rdo's and 5 weeks annual leave which I take in 4 day lots between my 4 days off to make more 12 day trips. Now I think about it, I dont work very much. Gotta love the public service :D.

Cheers

Chimpy

Latest posts