How long are your trips?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me the closest gold is 3 1/2 hours away or more (Nundle) Bit far for a day trip. Though Nugget has done it a couple of times.
We have only been twice. A 4 day trip to Grabben Gullen and Tuena. Stayed at Crookwell.
Then the weekend trip with the PA crowd to Nundle.
Getting ourselves set up for more and longer trips.
I'll try some day trips to Nundle but prefer a 2 to 4 day stay... or longer.
I am so envious of the people who can go out for the day to pan, sluice etc :)

RR , I do day trips ,which take me 3.5 hours each way & do it every 2 - 3 weeks . Get up at 5, leave at 6 , you are there by 9.30 , spend 5 - 7 hours , head back home ,still daylight by the time you are back & you will feel knackered , but its worth it :D

week on - week off (until I fully retire in 6 months - then its going to be pretty well full-time). I also have a permanent set-up in the Golden Triangle that I can base myself from away from Melbourne. before I was like you blokes, three days, a day, a weekend etc. It just takes time (and $) to get the set-up you want I guess. I know some folk who get annual caravan sites and use these as a base for their prospecting/fishing etc.

Day trips, mainly. Being in Bendigo it's minutes to a multitude of spots. :) And retired so time's not an issue.
But planning a week long jaunt to a spot up the Snowy in the near future.
Spot where, as kids, we got good gold just mucking around with a coupla pans and an old cradle. Private property now but have permission.
Looking forward to that trip.

Every second weekend during the warmer months, 3 months either QLD or WA in the winter. Weekends where I'm not prospecting I'm trying to trick fish into chewing metal and plastic. :D

Wal,

headbut said:
RR , I do day trips ,which take me 3.5 hours each way & do it every 2 - 3 weeks . Get up at 5, leave at 6 , you are there by 9.30 , spend 5 - 7 hours , head back home ,still daylight by the time you are back & you will feel knackered , but its worth it :D

I'm hearing ya Paul. I used to do newy to Sydney 4 to 5 times a week when the boys played Ice Hockey. Long drives don't worry me.
Just need to get myself situated to be able to do long day trips or overnight trips on short notice.
Working on it :D

My name is Ramjet and I'm a goldaholic.... :D

Hey guys, new to the forum..

I am pretty new to it all.. but when we get out its usually a few days,.. Nothing beats seeing zero people for a few days. lol

One day every weekend' I refuse to work weekends. Would like to find a spot within a hour that I can prospect after work for a few hours but no luck yet.

We try for 3/4 days a fortnight and can fit that in with work.
Both have a build up of hours that will go to waste when we pull the pin.

Usually 3 to 4 days at a time once per month..........work load has increased drastically since son (partner) left business.
so I will have to sort it out by increasing prices...that usually sorts out the dead wood.
then I can get back to normal.........less work more gold.
I will certainly be at Nundle in January though.
cheers

I am lucky because I live close to few spots in Warrandyte. Only takes me 15-20 minutes to get there. The gold is only flood gold but I always get some.
Otherways day trips to Gippsland. I am planning this summer few camping trips though to try my luck in new areas. :)

Day trips anywhere from 2 hrs to 3 1/2 hrs drive each way. Still learning the ropes so we are happy to try different areas.
But we are picking up our caravan today, hooray. So after Xmas we will be able to head off for a couple of weeks at a time. :)

Latest posts