How is this... Queensland (Qld) fine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a funny feeling that you need to look up the definition of "fossicking" to know what a fossicking permit allows you to do.

20xwater said:
mbasko said:
Sorry no empathy here. :/
You had no permit, you got caught?
I don't see an issue with the system or the fine.
I do see an issue with people that think they don't need to comply like the rest of Qld fossickers do.

Next time get the proper permit like anyone else is supposed to.
$53.10 seems cheap now.
Disagree..
I told them.. If there is colour in this bucket I will pay for permit. That said I have to tip it out, so while they wrote me up I tipped it out on the fossicking area side of t he road and ran the gm over it..

MegsyB007 said:
Did you just admit that you don't have a current fossicking permit, and are questioning getting fined for unauthorised fossicking?

What am I missing here?
Your not missing anything, I simply paid $400 to move 10 litres of dirt 2 kms ?

So, Without a permit, You excavated material in a fossicking area then went to a water source to
process the dirt.
Out of a fossicking area.

Prime focus of a ranger down here is to educate before prosecution.

If you become self righteous they will slam you hard.

If you admit to fault and apologize,

You have then bowed to the almighty Juggernaut of the law and will hence correct your miss adventures.

After emptying your hard earned prize and corrected any other misadventures,

Pack up and go.

They have recorded your details and even then,

You may get a fine in the mail.

After you have traveled a few hundred kilometers, Set your self up after spending a shite load on equipment, fuel, Food, Grog etc.

And waited a long time to do so in our free so called land.

For about maybe $50.00 worth of gold if you are lucky.

Like the other 5 or so friends with you who have done the same..... ]:D

mbasko said:
I do see an issue with people that think they don't need to comply like the rest of Qld fossickers do.

$53.10 seems cheap now.

X2

1599294320_haha.jpg

BUSTED without a licence, cop it sweet.
AND next time cough up for the licence.

Looks like you copped a big smack for whatever reason I haven't bothered to read the whole thread (this being post 26, iso is active :lol: ) If the regs says you messed up cop it on the chin and learn from it :beer: no one is perfect be it you or the green bandit writing the fine. If you're not happy challenge it and give us an update post challenge.

Let me just clarify my sentiment with the "Ha Ha" pic.

We Licenced prospectors cop a lot of crap from sticky beaks, and from any other bastard that basically has nothing better to do.

So it's up to all of us to do the right thing, clean up your site, rehab it so it looks the same as when you got there, get along with and educate anyone that comes by and questions what you are doing.

These are all basic things we need to do to keep up our hobby.

So if you come on here and expect us to give you sympathy when you were (self confessed) acting illegally then you're in for a rude awakening.

We don't like people doing things illegally and giving us all a bad name.

Well I wouldnt pay it . Its a small bucket of dirt for f sake. Meanwhile all sorts of wrong things were Probably going on and well just turn a blind eye cause thats too much paperwork.

20xwater said:
mbasko said:

$53.10 seems cheap now.
Disagree..
I told them.. If there is colour in this bucket I will pay for permit. That said I have to tip it out, so while they wrote me up I tipped it out on the fossicking area side of t he road and ran the gm over it..

Seems like you don't learn. They should have given you another fine for running your gm over the dirt you just tipped out. You still need a current fossicking permit to use a detector. :N: :N: :N:

Cheers

Doug

Don't understand why you posted this.
It's simple. You didn't have a current permit
So you were in the wrong.
I agree with RM. if you think you are hard done by
Challenge it. If you come out the winner then
Tell your story.
As for now no empathy on my behalf.
We are all in the same situation
Permits and laws are a part of what we have to do
to keep what little part of Australia we have left to enjoy
our hobby/ lifestyle alive.

Give them 21 days to prove the law in this matter has been endorsed by queen Elizabeth 2nd....and that if they cannot prove the endorsement within the 21 days of receipt then the matter will be deemed dealt with. Make sure you send it via receipted delivery. See how you go.... you can always ask for more time to consult your solicitor if the court decides to go ahead with the case.... then you can decide to ooay it if you want to.
Keep a copy of the letter you send to them (and make sure it has been sighted and signed by a JP too...before you send it).

silver said:
Give them 21 days to prove the law in this matter has been endorsed by queen Elizabeth 2nd....and that if they cannot prove the endorsement within the 21 days of receipt then the matter will be deemed dealt with. Make sure you send it via receipted delivery. See how you go.... you can always ask for more time to consult your solicitor if the court decides to go ahead with the case.... then you can decide to ooay it if you want to.
Keep a copy of the letter you send to them (and make sure it has been sighted and signed by a JP too...before you send it).

Cop it sweet, he admits he broke the law!

silver said:
What a crock of shit Silver. :N:
Do the crime, cop it & move forward.

silver said:
Hahahaha

I posted this coz I've never heard of anyone ever being fined.

I'm saying it does happen.

Ps...that $400 just means I only get $100 extra this fortnight from the corona payment. It's not my money they get, it's their own.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts