How is this... Queensland (Qld) fine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

20x

scott
Reaction score
For taking 10 litres of dirt outside of a fossicking area..
1599283043_20200905_151520_compress97.jpg

How much are you allowed to take in QLD?
Were you outside the fossicking area but still in
the Forrest?
Here in NSW we can remove 10kg
Not sure what the fine would be
if you got caught with more
$400 big ones sounds a bit steep
Maybe you just can't see the decimal point :8

Did you have this ?
This is for fossicking allowable QLD State Forests.

Title:
Description: Individual 1 year fossicking licence
Agency: Natural Resources and Mines
Reference: FOSILY
Amount Ex GST: $53.10
GST: $0.00
Total Amount: $53.10

Total (excl. GST): $53.10
Total GST amount paid: $0.00
Total amount paid (incl. GST): $53.10

Here's the story..

My dog is my life guide, if he can't come I don't go...

First mistake was breaking the rules and l leaving him at a mates place to go for a recon/sample mission.

I was on my way back from where I went (with 10 litres of sample dirt in the back) and ahead I could see vehicles coming along the track. Where I was stopped was an intersection.
A few vehicles went past but to my left down the road I could see a vehicle. So I thought I might go see if it's another prospector and h ave a yarn..
As I got to it I realised it was the rangers, they were stopped there because they were going through another prospector that was parked there just in the bush (In the fossicking area).
When they asked.."Where did this dirt come from" in a bucket in the back of my vehicle, I was honest and said at a gully crossing a couple of k's away.
Didn't think it was a big issue..

Guess that's the law ..... do the crime, pay the fine.

We're lawed to death down here in Victoria .... mostly covid related unfortunately.

Wish we could even get to a situation where such a fine was possible to get, can't even get out to be fined.

goody2shoes said:
If your permit had been current would you been ok?
Dunno mate, on the way out I came across 2 blokes with a spanking new gm, to old them to get out of here lol

Sorry no empathy here. :/
You had no permit, you got caught?
I don't see an issue with the system or the fine.
I do see an issue with people that think they don't need to comply like the rest of Qld fossickers do.

Next time get the proper permit like anyone else is supposed to.
$53.10 seems cheap now.

The durakai is vast and mostly barren but there is gold there. One that thinks spiritually would say "That's the spot to dig a big grave down to bedrock and kill 2 birds with 1 stone"...

mbasko said:
Sorry no empathy here. :/
You had no permit, you got caught?
I don't see an issue with the system or the fine.
I do see an issue with people that think they don't need to comply like the rest of Qld fossickers do.

Next time get the proper permit like anyone else is supposed to.
$53.10 seems cheap now.
Disagree..
I told them.. If there is colour in this bucket I will pay for permit. That said I have to tip it out, so while they wrote me up I tipped it out on the fossicking area side of t he road and ran the gm over it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts