How good are these Tee Dee EZ sluices.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aushunter

Brad Welch
Reaction score
My eldest boy wants to know how good are these sluices and at what cost is it to purchase one?
Not to mention where we can pick on up from?
He like the idea of owning his own box so he can score more gold.
I reckon I will be the doing all the digging though.
Cheers
Brad.....

In terms of portability these can't be beaten, weighing less than a kilogram without the flare they're durable and quick and easy to clean out. One thing to keep in mind is the EZ Sluice isn't a high volume sluice so a regular clean-out is required. I own one of these personally and although never having the pleasure of catching any gold in it yet, I'm certain it will should the right soil be put through it :p

Here are some specifications.

Length: 24" (Without Flare)
Depth: 2.5"
Width: 7"
Weight: 2lbs
Material: Molded Polypropylene Plastic
Riffles: ABS over Miners Moss
Flare: Aluminum

Maybe you'll strike it lucky this month and win one in our members draw :D

Cost to purchase will vary but around $80 - $100 is typical which includes the aluminum flare and shipping. I haven't found an Aussie supplier for these yet so you'll most likely have to import one.

Cost to purchase will vary but around $80 - $100 is typical which includes the aluminum flare and shipping. I haven't found an Aussie supplier for these yet so you'll most likely have to import one.

Let me know if you would like me to import one for you and we can split the shipping costs.

Thanks Nugget,
He tends to get a bit bored with the panning side of things and wants to be able to classify the material and put it thru a box.
In some of the gullies where we go there is no flow so I usually run some hose from one water hole to another and pump up to the top waterhole to get the
gully flowing so he can use one there while I do a bit of banking.

Cheers
Brad...

I was using GR's ezy sluice a few weeks back, great little unit, carry it with two fingers, cleans out in under 30sec. I'm going to buy one in the next few weeks , thats if I don't win the members draw ;)

DD

That EZ Sluice look pretty neat, I'm using the Angus MacKirk "Boss" which seems to do a pretty good job but I'd love to compare the difference between the drop riffles in the MacKirk to something like the EZ Sluice, its a shame they don't seem to do the same thing but way bigger so you can shovel directly into it. I've been a big fan of the ABS plastic stuff if for no other reason that how light, portable and durable they are. Might need to add one of these to my shopping list now.

Adam

Sounds good to me Nugget.
Zach actually suggested in turning it into a mini banker or it so that it can easily be added if needed.
He has a 2000gph 12v pump to run it if need be.
Cheers
Brad....

well i'll be , it looks lilke i will be able to tell you what they are like in the very near future cos i just won one . that is unreal and thank you very much .
i have never even won a chook raffle before let alone some thing as handy as this ,you could of knocked me over with a feather when i just had a look at the post on the current comp and as i scroll down i see my name crickey i had to read it about 3 times to make sure it was right .
thanks again very much . so now i will be needing to test it out and report back , just reading the specs it is sure light enough to take just about anywhere .

johno

Well congrats Johnno, looks like a christening out a the local prospecting area where there is running water.
Should do well out there
Cheers
Brad..

thanks everyone . just looking at the specs on it looks to me like it is so small and light it could be kept in the vehicle most of the time with a little digging tool and a pan stashed some where out of the way i could have gear with me all the time and when i see a spot and have an hour to kill im in business .
also looks like a nice size sluice to be fed with a hand sucker type thing like a yabby pump sucker or some thing .
maybe my luck has changed :D :D

johno

Well i didnt win a sluice today so the next step is.....who wants to buy one and if so, buy in bulk, maybe Nugget see if we can some people interested know I for one will certainly purchase one.
Could save a bit dosh if we bulk buy maybe.
Cheers
Brad.....

Hey Brad,
If you're getting it for your son,
Have you looked at or tried the McKirks or similar? Not trying to steer you away from EZ Sluices at all.
Any of the Mc sluices will do the job fine too. No carpets or matting to clean.
The bonus with that type of sluice is you see the gold hang back on the feed tray - even some of the very small stuff 8) .

Seeing colour hang back should keep his interest up - it does for me. Instant results if you're onto it.

Latest posts