Hotrocks and the GPX6000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've mentioned before, the problems I've had swinging the GPX6000 amongst the hotrocks.

I think some feel I'm exaggerating but I can assure you it's no fun digging lots of deep holes just to expose another hotrock.

Phil in the video you do a noise cancel (which is for EMI not ground noise) but at no stage does it show you doing any sort of ground balancing.
Yes the 6000 picks up hotrocks but so has every other detector I've owned including SDC, GPX4500/5000, GPZ.
In the video it appears to show the machine running badly out of balance & reacting over all of the ground, not just hotrocks. That will just make the hotrocks even worse.
Do you run through a ground balance process prior to starting detecting?
Screenshot_20231009_164247_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20231009_164311_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20231009_164325_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Phil in the video you do a noise cancel (which is for EMI not ground noise) but at no stage does it show you doing any sort of ground balancing.
Yes the 6000 picks up hotrocks but so has every other detector I've owned including SDC, GPX4500/5000, GPZ.
In the video it appears to show the machine running badly out of balance & reacting over all of the ground, not just hotrocks. That will just make the hotrocks even worse.
Do you run through a ground balance process prior to starting detecting?
View attachment 11409
View attachment 11410
View attachment 11411

Thanks for the info Matt but I have owned one of these machines for a couple of years now and have found at lease 1500 nuggets. Yes I ground balance often including on startup. You'll see me unsuccessfully ground balance at about 2:07 into the video. Last year with the previous GPX6000 my brother an I tried to work a lease near Lake Naneen but had to swap to the GPX4500 and GPZ7000 as the GPX6000 was unworkable.

Have areas like that too Phil and you can predict which rocks will signal before you pass the coil over them. No amount of ground balancing helps. I stick with it because I know there is good gold there and just dig everything that doesn’t move with a boot scrape.

Have areas like that too Phil and you can predict which rocks will signal before you pass the coil over them. No amount of ground balancing helps. I stick with it because I know there is good gold there and just dig everything that doesn’t move with a boot scrape.
Stop being a wuss and get the cobwebs off the 7000. 🤣

Latest posts