Holden Colorado 2008-211

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IF the Isuzu goes as well as my 2010 auto Colorado 4x4 you will be very happy
all standard, good economy very comfortable highly recommend
merry Christmas regards john :)

Goldtarget said:
My isuzu was out for the last two days and they gave me another holden Colorado from the fleet another auto, no idea why the earlier auto was so terrible, the loaner this week was a lot tighter. Boy oh boy did I notice the difference in comfort getting back into my daily isuzu again, like sitting on a milk crate. Still the size of the holden takes a bit of getting used to. For what it's worth the Colorado is far from a terrible ute, but I'd rather tow with the Isuzu like for like.
Wonder how big a job it is to put the holden seats in ? :)

Why is the Isuzu better for towing , 380nm of torque compared to the 500nm from a Colorado ?

G'day Narrawa, I've had an RC Colorado LX (I didn't want carpet or leather extra bits) since new (2009). I love it mate and can't fault it. 4x4 Diesel Auto. It's done a lot of hard off road work as well as highway driving. Over the years I've added some bits including 8" ROH rims and bigger tyres (265x70/16). You don't lose much torque or top end and the speedo will be spot on. Plug in power module gave an extra 30hp and almost 70Nm of torque and I still get 10km per litre. Fitted aftermarket Donaldson fuel filter in the line after the standard one for extra protection from contaminated fuel. ARB deluxe bulbar without the winch, it's cleaned up 4 roos and a sheep now without a scratch. Light bar and upgraded all the headlight bulbs because I can't see. Safari snorkel (make sure there are no air leaks in the system by putting a plastic bag over the intake, if the motor stalls you are in business) and it's been up to the bottom of the windows in water and only leaked a little through the bottom of the passengers door. 2" lift all round with a Tough Dog kit which is great in the dirt. I made some heavy duty side steps from 40mm RHS and got rid of the old CD player and went "mechless", 80channel UHF and duel battery system mounted in the rear (I ran a spare 12v socket to the rear too). I had a tow bar and cruise control fitted from the factory.
I have no intention of getting rid of it as it's the best crew cab I've owned or driven. No rattles or problems of any description after 140,000 km. I hope this helps you, cheers mate, Stoney.
1451206050_image.jpg

Hi GaryO,
I think it was around $1800 and fits straight on. Was from autokit.

Stop with the pics before im completely broke....lol
Nah, nice looking rigs fellas..

Iv added a Light bar (stole it off my old rig).....and just fitted a decent sound system cause the std one gave me the sh!tz. :mad:
Sony WX-GT90BT....this takes care of the phone calls while im driving, and its able to be controlled by my Android phone. :eek: why you'd want to only the younger generation know...cause it also came with its own remote control.? Anyway, its kept my busy for much of the day learning its abilities....im at the stage where im not interested in anymore of its abilities due to the mortal man not living that long in order to use these features. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN0sNtCQ22Q

Snorkel is on the list of must have items, as well as better filtering systems for both fuel and air.....catch can is also on the ta-do-list.... and iv been looking into this little gadget.....
http://scangauge.com.au/buy-direct/
It too looks like a must have mancartoy... :lol:

Im still in the process of putting all the goodies i pinched off my old rig, into the new one...dual batt/ rear camera/ LED lights for the pan/ water tanks ect ect. No hurry.

As for the speedo being out...im told and iv read its a manufacture safety net to stem speeding....so no need to worry about it, just stick to the speedo and im guaranteed to be just under the limit. Taller profile tyres do bring the speedo back upto scratch as i found out.

I picked up a 2013 RG LTZ "Thunder" recently, 60k's, diesel, manual, does a good job, took tub off and put tray and toolbox on, changed bulbar, added lights, uhf, etc, getting about 12klms to the litre, happy as!
1475827026_img_2613.jpg

Latest posts