Holden Colorado 2008-211

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone out there had one...got one...used one...destroyed one by any chance....??

Whats your thoughts on them.? Im thinking of moving up from an old faithful 97 Rodeo and want to carry on the tradition. So be interested to hear some thoughts as to there reliability ect ect.

Brother in law has got one. Would be about the 2009-2011 area. Nice truck - more bells & whistles than my Triton but cost more too :D
He hasn't had any dramas that I know of & doesn't just use it for a suburban kid carter. Goes pigging etc. in it, tows his boat & gives it a reasonable work out. Never heard him say anything bad about it at all.
It seems to be lasting better than his old Rodeo but then he is older & maybe wiser too :lol:

Best model izusu made apart from the ol 2.8 rattly rodeo that never dies. Mate your on a winner just dont buy after that year when that piece of crap yank motor went into the holden bodys. Im gunna trade my 2000 model up on the exact same model. Bit cheaper than the dmax but with all there go. Best vehcle ever. ;) ;)

Mine has just over 400k on the clock, motor was done round 350k...been across the Nullabore 6 times since then and traversed the WA goldfields three years in a row pulling a 16 foot pop-top into locations the Bushtrackers couldn't go due to size and vegetation.

Anything that needed repairing simply got done.....except for the paint. :/

The old 2.8L certainly has a reputation for being a long lasting motor giving reliability to those who maintain them with regular servicing.

Mate your on a winner just dont buy after that year when that piece of crap yank motor went into the holden bodys
Which model had the yank motor.?.....im thinking i'll go anywhere from 2009-2011.

2012 onwards. That is when izusu stoped supplying holden to concertrate on there own market share and product anddmax and the holden colorado went there seperate ways.all the non izusu holden colorados allso have the new 2.8 motor where as the izusu built had and still do run 3.0 engines. Best of luck :) my old girl is running 400 thousand kms of abuse and still gets up in the morning every day for work too... :cool:

I uave the new Z71 amd it's brilliant wouldn't buy any other car now I have a GM HOLDEN!!

Yankee engine? It's a Daewoo engine. (The diesel anyway) Korea's finest. Better off with the Isuzu ute if you want longevity.

I'm surprised at so much positive comments. For work I've had the older and newer isuzu and they are trading me up to a Colorado this year so I e had two on loan, both 2015 manual and auto. I love the manual but the auto version cannot handle heavy rear loads. Diesel delivery and top heavy loads it's like driving a bus and the lag in the auto is shocking so I've opted for the manual.
I asked at workshop what servicing was like and they all loved the Isuzu and had not much good to say about holders.
I'm looking at the Isuzu to take over when it's done. The holden is way more comfy and great leg room but the Isuzu is a much nicer drive.

I have a 2015 Colorado and as yet cant fault it. Very similar car to the Isuzu altho the holden has a lot more torque although a smaller engine. All built in Thailand these days apart from the amorok so the build quality is much the same among most 4x4 utes.

My isuzu was out for the last two days and they gave me another holden Colorado from the fleet another auto, no idea why the earlier auto was so terrible, the loaner this week was a lot tighter. Boy oh boy did I notice the difference in comfort getting back into my daily isuzu again, like sitting on a milk crate. Still the size of the holden takes a bit of getting used to. For what it's worth the Colorado is far from a terrible ute, but I'd rather tow with the Isuzu like for like.
Wonder how big a job it is to put the holden seats in ? :)

I just took the big mud tryes off mine that it came with...Bridgestone duelers 265/75/16 M/T due to not being able to get it into 5th gear...Well you could get it into 5th gear, but you needed to be doing 120kmh...and even than it was just sitting on 2kRPM.

Since going back to the correct tyre size for this vehicle, the feken speedo is out by about 3-5kmh.?

Went for another test run the other day with two upto date incar GPSs and they read the same.....anyone else finding this with late model vehicles.?

Other than that....ya just gotta love that power when ya put the hammer down.. :lol:

Goldtarget said:
My isuzu was out for the last two days and they gave me another holden Colorado from the fleet another auto, no idea why the earlier auto was so terrible, the loaner this week was a lot tighter. Boy oh boy did I notice the difference in comfort getting back into my daily isuzu again, like sitting on a milk crate. Still the size of the holden takes a bit of getting used to. For what it's worth the Colorado is far from a terrible ute, but I'd rather tow with the Isuzu like for like.
Wonder how big a job it is to put the holden seats in ? :)

i dont see why not ,, a pillar forward is different but behind that much the same , d max gets my vote for towing but rather 2011 onward 79 cruiser ute anyway ,

Narrawa said:
I just took the big mud tryes off mine that it came with...Bridgestone duelers 265/75/16 M/T due to not being able to get it into 5th gear...Well you could get it into 5th gear, but you needed to be doing 120kmh...and even than it was just sitting on 2kRPM.

Since going back to the correct tyre size for this vehicle, the feken speedo is out by about 3-5kmh.?

Went for another test run the other day with two upto date incar GPSs and they read the same.....anyone else finding this with late model vehicles.?

Other than that....ya just gotta love that power when ya put the hammer down.. :lol:

did you put the 225x75x16 back or the 245x70x16

i ended up getting 2015 isuzu d-max auto. very happy so far and tows great..just went a bit stupid on the fitout though haha.Just needs chipping and exhaust now.
1451006294_006_800x450.jpg

Latest posts