Highbankers maiden run.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Headed out to Oallen with Little Eldorado today to give the highbanker its maiden run.Arrived about 10.30 to the buzz of two stroke motorbikes (grrr).There was a few prospectors out there enjoying the day,anybody from here guys?It took us maybe half hour to find a spot as where I wanted to go was taken. Ended up down near the rockbar. The highbanker seemed to run ok,I think I need a bit of help with angles and water flow rate,pump ran for 1.5 hours on a tank of fuel.Took a video of Little Eldo feeding the banker whilst I ate my lunch.Only cleaned up half the cons at the end of the day and was pretty happy with the result,if the other half is as good I will be happy.How's this I even had a guy who was camping with his family help me carry some gear up to the ute.Great day out with the young fella.[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/CtaU_W7g2pY[/video]
1475399419_image.jpg

Not too sure what's going on with the Jerry can,found it on the side of the road not far from Oallen,what's the U.S government doing out there. LOL
1475399848_image.jpg

1475399980_image.jpg

1475400010_image.jpg

Hey Eldorado,

Can I ask what the water temp is at oallen? I'm thinking of heading up there shortly and waking the river a bit (if it isn't too high).

A general guide of cool, cold and bloody cold is a fine guide by the way.

Great to see you taking out your little ones too!

Thanks
Brendo

Thanks for the video great job and good day out with your little helper.

Brendo,I would rate the temperature of the water as bloody cold,but in saying that I am a bit of a wus when it comes to cold water.There was some people swimming out there yesterday so I guess it can't be too bad,each to there own.The river was a little high but it would probably be dropping a bit each day now that the rains have stopped. Thanks Cecc.

Thanks eldo, I'm a wuss when it comes to cold water too! Those fellas that swim the continental pools in winter! No way. ..
Guess I'll take my waders and go from there...

Great spot to test out the gear with the gold being so fine. We're u up or down stream of the bridge? Keep us up dated on the total tally. I wonder if with all the high water if it brought more gold or just more rocks to move

Great spot, pics are great too. waters gorn down heaps since last time i was there a month ago. hopefully freshened up the gold aroud the area.

Gday mate yeah I think I saw you there, I was on a blue Quad Bike, it's my workhorse!
Sure beats carrying all the gear from the ute to the location in most cases.

I did some crevicing on the rock bar just near you, got decent results for minimal effort.

I should have wandered over to say gday but gold fever had me on the tools instead!

I've normally always got my bike down there if you see me say gday ?

Yeah I remember seeing you riding the quad Wozza.I didn't realise you were crevicing just near us or I would have come over and said Gday myself.I done a bit of crevicing on the bar a month or so ago and found a small picker.I will keep an eye out for you next time.

Just finished panning off the cons from last Sunday,reasonably happy with the result.It certainly catches the fine gold,the little chunky bit to the left of the 5 cent is the little picker I found crevicing the last time I went out.
1475991150_image.jpg

When the water drops a bit more,
Go down to the far end and cross the river.
You will be a bit more happier with the result. :) :)
well done with the little tackers.
Teach them young. :)
as for the bikes revving around, If they get caught, $5000.00 fine plus if they are unregistered,
A session in court as well plus confiscation of their bikes.
They are trying to stop this from happening there.

Cheers Tathradj,I will give that a go.Little Eldo loves getting out there digging holes,chucking rocks in the river and feeding the hopper.

Eldorado, nice results mate.
I've been waiting for the water to fall a bit to get to a few crevicing spots that have produced in the past.

Tathradj, yes the guys on the bikes carrying on like its a motocross track should be warned or punished but I hardly go down there or anywhere without my bike, I hope I don't get punished for putting around with my gear on it.

remember guys ,the bikes are another target of do gooders so careful what you wish for,kids are been banned from anywhere in QLD crown land unless full rego and license and even then they get hasselled, i dont know why qld does not have recreational rego like victoria, some of you surely forget all the freedoms you had when you were young,,i for one hope to see the kids having a balll on their moto-x bikes

Cheers Wozza,I have my eye on a spot as well but the water will need to drop a lot more.

Latest posts