Highbanker - to build or to buy?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A wealth of Info. :)
Agman knew my HB and we both got to feed it for hours,
it hung onto Micron gold and also the bigger bits too.
the only thing id add to that lot is the Frame.
we all look at what is time effective and cost friendly but consider the weight that passes over ya sluice every time you load it up,
fluctuations in weight must be a nightmare for any machine,
for a HB though make sure ya frame is sturdy and all 4 legs are adjustable.
mine was made out of Box Tube.
Ag man might be able to find and upload a vid of mine in action ( coz he is a wiz at pootas )

im thinking of building a trommel/HB.
only because where i play in the mud usually means a clay reef of sorts and we all love pipe clay so much that i might as well have a unit that can mush it up and relese all the good rocks :)

you can Buy a great Angus sluice here for around $200 retail.
so compare that to a 5mm plate of alloy, get it bent professionally, get the riffles welded together,
clark rubber ( or choice of ) and your on ya way, and id like to think enough change for a box of cans and a bag of ice :)

Give it a go Nugget. You got nothing to lose.
Its a lot of fun and it gives you a better insight on how the thing is ment to work.
When i got into prospecting recently i was amazed at the variations in H/Bankers around.
I had no idea what to look for in a bought one so i borrowed ideas from many units and created my own Franken-Banker
Bits of everybodys ideas. Works a treat on the fine stuff.

Trying to work out the photo posting part of this.
Just a few pics of my homemade H/banker during its build stages

1359755803_imag0246ra1.jpg

1359755275_imag0253l1.jpg

1359755229_imag0241rg1.jpg

1359755534_imag0255e1.jpg

Latest posts