HI there to all from new member Eugene

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found your forum after seeing so many or " ALL " of Wal nLiz's video's on youtube , they are really great and informative video's on fossicking in Australia. Good Job Wal nLiz, there was also another gent named Shivan and he has also some good videos of him working a highbanker.
Just had to join after seeing and reading from the good community here. I would love to return to Australia and what better way to visit your beautiful country than to really get out and see the country and have a little prospecting at the same time. What would be the best time of year to come there , I do like to camp so keep in mind the temperature please.I would like to do some fossicking for Sapphires. I would like to stay for a month or two within the next 3 or 4 months, planning stage now......
Thank you all so very much for reading this and your answers too.
Regards, Eugene

Welcome to the forum Eugene, You've picked a great forum to involve yourself with, as there is a lot of dedicated prospectors here willing to share a lifetime of experience. Which country are you from if you don't mind me asking.??.

Australia is a great place to visit if prospecting is in your blood as there is a wide range of gems and gold fields to explore. Time of year is mostly determined by whether you want to explore Northern Australia or the Southern Regions.

Winter is best up north and summer down south. Just ask as many questions as you like on the different regions and locals on the forum can best advise you ....all the best

Cheers Wal.

G'day Eugene, welcome to the forum.
Great to hear you are thinking of visiting Australia. I am sure there will be a few people who can help you out once they know a bit more about what sort of trip you are planning and where about's you would like to visit.

G,day Eugene. Sound like Emerald and Clermont in QLD would be the go for you. Summer gets pretty damn hot there so winter is the go.
Sapphires around Emerald area and not far away gold at Clermont.

Thanks all for the replies, I am still researching and yes Sapphires from Australia are rated best in the world.You country is so large and beautiful that it is hard to decide where to start .I will keep poking around here and hope Wal nLiz do some more videos .
Will keep checking in with you all and thanks for the warm welcome, very nice of you all.
How do I send someone a PM or personal message here?
Cheers , Eugene

G'day Eugene,

Once you have made 10 posts the PM function will automatically engage and then you can send PM's.

Once you have made 10 posts send me a PM and I might be able to advise you on some options for your planned trip. Regards,

Cheers Wal

Hi there Wal nLiz ,
I was remembering when you were out in the quartz fields and was wondering if you panned or ran your high banker out there to have a look for gold?
I did not see you trying that on your video.
Do you think it would be worth running through that area for gold with a pan or high banker since gold goes with Quartz ?
Let me know your thoughts on that please.

Quartz is the most prolific mineral on earth, and only occasionally is gold associated with it. Even within a recognized gold field, only small areas of quartz are associated with the gold. The quartz areas we searched were for Amethyst deposits and associated crystals, and these areas are devoid of gold bearing quartz.

If you have a lot of quartz in your region, and there was never gold mined there by the "Old Timers", then the chances of finding any reasonable gold would be very slim. Hope this helps Eugene. Best of luck on the field mate,

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts