Hi I'm a newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day everyone,

I have been reading this forum for some time I thought it was about time I introduced myself.

My name is Googs ,I live in Tassie and have a passion for Gold like all of you people, my plan is to purchase a 5000 and start teaching myself to detect , hopefully with much help from this Forum.

We will stop in Tassie for the next year and after that head to the main land and tour around for a few years and pick up a bit of work here and there and spend lots of time in the Gold fields, I hope this new hobby I have will give me as much enjoyment as I have read from you guys on this forum.

Googs :lol:

Welcome aboard Googs, what part of Tassie are you from? Loads of spots with great potential down there, they dont seem to get as much attention as the main land locations. Plenty of old relic sites too.
Goodluck on your new adventure.

DD

Hi Diggerdude, I'm from a small country town call Carrick in the north of the state about 20 minutes from Launceston. I think I will be doing a few trip to the west coast that a nice part of the state .

Googs

Nice part of the world there Googs. I connected the gas to the Longford meat works about 10years ago which isn't far from you.
Beaconsfield isn't too far, I have been told that you can now get permission to fossick on the leases up there if you contact the mine.
Beautiful over the west coast but tough going swinging a detector most of the good areas are severely overgrown. Some good spots north and east of Launie though.
Goodluck with it.

DD

Welcome Googs,

DD took the words right out of my mouth there, in that Tassie is a beautiful part of the world and I'd love to get down there for a visit one day. Great to see a few people showing up from down that way.

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Welcome aboard googs, looking to head that way in a few years time for good ;), look forward to hearing about your finds

Cheers

C&L

Welcome Googs and you will defo enjoy the addiction, and you have come to the right place for advice :cool:
Regards Bill

Thanks everyone for you responses . Diggerdude , I have just finished working at the meat works in the fitters shop about 9 months ago , it is now call JBS Longford,it is a very old and well used plant.

Can anyone tell us who does the best Gold Tours in Victoria , maybe a weekend tour as we have trouble getting away from our business through the week.

Colin&Lee , what part of Tassie do you plan on settling in ?

Googs

Welcome Googs - from a newbie as well. Tassie also has sapphire in some of those rivers I heard.

Hey googs have been looking up North Eastish (Sapphire country ;) ) and out towards Deloraine still a few years off but we'll definitely be down there.

Cheers

C&L

Welcome Googs, lovely part of oz there with potential for yellow and gemstones and relics too!

Googs said:
Thanks everyone for you responses . Diggerdude , I have just finished working at the meat works in the fitters shop about 9 months ago , it is now call JBS Longford,it is a very old and well used plant.

Can anyone tell us who does the best Gold Tours in Victoria , maybe a weekend tour as we have trouble getting away from our business through the week.

Colin&Lee , what part of Tassie do you plan on settling in ?

Googs

Try http://www.goldprospectingaustralia.com/

I have run across them a couple of times around the traps and they seem OK people. They have a weekend tour coming up according to their website. Good thing is, you don't have to get a permit if on a gold tour. Saves $$.

Latest posts