Hi from the N.E Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Hodgie and in my early 40's and have lived all my life in North east Victoria, Yackandandah then Rutherglen and have been settled in Chiltern for a while now. I love digging "anything", doing the research and the thrill of the find. I dig and collect pre WW1 bottles, I have owned an x terra 705 for years and love detecting the goldfields for coins and relics and 6 months ago acquired a gpx 5000 and absolutely now loving the gold bug. Having a family of gold prospectors, I chose bottle and relics and resisted the gold temptation, but I gave in and those first few nuggets has me hooked. Over all love mixing the three, bottles, relics and now gold and have been blessed to be living on a very old part of the N.E Vic goldfields, an adventure every day. Still chasing that elusive Sovereign, but oneday it will happen :)
Hope to share some hunting adventures with you all, and keep myself inspired reading of others adventures and finds.
Thanks for reading and Cheers for now.

Welcome to the forum Hodgie. What a great area to be living in, and now with the two detectors the decision of where to go must be very arduous. I guess the best scenario would be a gold nugget in the morning and a gold sovereign in the arvo.

Hope the forum can be of use and look forward to sharing the adventure.

Cheers Wal.

Great to have you aboard Hodgie - I like your area, will try getting up that way in Feb. Balx - have been away from forum for a bit, was not aware you got up to Beechworth, hope you did well.

Mr Sism said:
Great to have you aboard Hodgie - I like your area, will try getting up that way in Feb. Balx - have been away from forum for a bit, was not aware you got up to Beechworth, hope you did well.
Thanks mate, sure is an amazing part of the world, Good gold is just a bonus.

Latest posts