Hi from Shoalhaven NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have no idea why, but I'm returning to detecting. I did a bit back in the 80's and have suddenly decided to go on holiday in a few months to Ballarat, VIC and do a gold prospecting day tour. Hopefully I'll have found a good second hand detector to buy before I go. Have read heaps on the forum already but wanted to get some advice on a detector that will be suitable for me, (I'm petite). Hope to chat to you all in the "detector" section. Thanks for all the great advice already posted.

Gday Karen, welcome aboard,...hope you have a ripper holiday. :)

Welcome Karen, hopefully the guys have already offered up some good info on detector choice, good luck with your detecting adventures. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

AtomRat are you talking about the Shoalhaven creeks? If so, I haven't been successful panning for it. Maybe once I get a detector it may improve my chances.

We'll see.

Karen said:
Hi everyone,

I have no idea why, but I'm returning to detecting. I did a bit back in the 80's and have suddenly decided to go on holiday in a few months to Ballarat, VIC and do a gold prospecting day tour. Hopefully I'll have found a good second hand detector to buy before I go. Have read heaps on the forum already but wanted to get some advice on a detector that will be suitable for me, (I'm petite). Hope to chat to you all in the "detector" section. Thanks for all the great advice already posted.
Hi Karen, my wife was covered in Silver jewelry when we met 21 yrs ago. Now after some loving presents from her husband (me) she loves the feel and weight of of it.. it has a warm loving colour to it, don't you think?
Jaros :p

Hi Karen, welcome to the forum, I am in Nowra and detect around the area. Feel free to chat if you wish.

For sure Jaros. I find silver a bit too dull. Your goldie gifts must get you out of a lot of housework :D

Hello kleinman98, not sure that I have a lot to say at this stage but that may change if I find something on my first adventure out.

Thanks for popping in to say "hi" though.

Karen said:
For sure Jaros. I find silver a bit too dull but that may change if I find something on my first adventure out.
Hey karen,... what's goin on ? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Karen and welcome to the forum
I was born and raised in nowra untill i made the epic journey to wollongong lol, good luck with what ever detector you decide to get and have fun on your VIC trip, its a prospecting dream trip for me one day soon

Latest posts