Hi from Jerrabomberra

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyBob

Robert
Reaction score
Hi All

Just a first post to say Hi! I live in Jerrabomberra (Canberra) and really need an escape from the daily grind. I've wanted to try this for a long time and now have the opportunity.

I'm pretty lucky being located here with places to go within the reach of a daytrip and have an old 4WD that I don't mind putting a few scratches in.
Need to find the right maps to work out where I can and can't go - lots of research to do before I get my hands dirty.

Might try a few (likely unsuccessful) trips to see what I can work out for myself before potentially hooking up with some groups or people around the area.

Great forum!

Welcome to PA DirtyBob. Keep us in the loop with how you get on out there. Lots of great knowledge on this site for beginners and old hands alike.

Thanks Scrounger.

School holidays coming up and the areas around Crookwell are under 2 hours away - easy drive with the kids. I imagine the public areas there will have been well and truly gone through but a good opportunity to get some practice and might even find something to fuel the fever.

There's been a lot of rain around here lately - not sure how that changes things.

Hi Gedanate

That's sounds interesting and where I was looking to go. Would you be able to point me to some more information about the get-together? Is that a club/group thing or a casual bunch?

Open to every one Bob. 9-12 july.
Everyone will be staying at the camping ground there.
Yes the area has been flogged but still always seem to produce a bit more . A great chance to learn how its all done and what sort of equipment can be used :)

Sounds like a great opportunity!

Popped into Detecta Den and picked up a Garret pan kit - must be good - packaging says it 's Todd Hoffman's pan of choice ;)