Hi from a newbie Victorian.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, just thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I am new to prospecting and wouldn't mind being pointed in the right direction. I tend to spend almost every weekend in the heart of the Victorian gold fields, however I have never used a detector or prospected before. See I am a very active Skydiver and spend most of my weekends at Bridgewater on Loddon. As a Skydiver I end up having plenty of down time, due to strong winds and low cloud cover. A friend of mine has offered me the use of his Garrett AT gold metal detector, that he has never used. So I thought to myself why not put my down-time to good use and do a little gold detecting and get some exercise in the process and maybe find myself a new hobby and new friends along the way!
Can anyone give me some advise on where to go prospecting around the Bridgewater area, say within a half hrs drive of town, some advise would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Amanda

Howdy BikerBayb,try the link below,once you open it scroll down to GeoVic version 3 (anonymous) open this link, once you have done that zoom in on Bridgewater area go to the layers button,open it, and throw on layers to see where crown land is and old workings, takes a bit to work out at first but once you get your head around it you will be on your way in no time.....good luck, post some pics of your finds..... ;)

http://www.energyandresources.vic.gov.au/earth-resources/maps-reports-and-data/geovic

ps....zooming in on your area helps speed up the loading of the map process, otherwise its like watching grass grow :eek:

Latest posts