Hi everyone from west gippy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi all, Just started out this year sluicing around West Gippsland, I love it, like most of you if im not in the river im watching gold vids on Youtube, researching spots or making vids myself. Surprised by the lack of panning around West Gippsland given the history of the region and proximity to Melbourne. Look forward to learning alot from this forum. Cheers Balx

Welcome to the forum Balx, there's plenty to be learned from around here that's for sure :)

Welcome Balx, some pretty untouched areas down your way, with huge potential. Hope you find the info within these threads of some assistance and look forward to sharing your experiences. You've got some of the best Black Bream in the country down "Gippy" way...envious.

Cheers Wal, :)

Thanks Wal, love your Vids on you tube mate, even used the bread crate idea for the sluice I built, love it. I have been really surprised at the lack of panning around here, I'm spending alot of time in the Tanjil Valley, and the gold seems pretty good.

Some great gold from there Balx, all the way up to the Dargo High Plains area. Might catch up with you one day on the creek as the area is a favorite stamping ground of mine. Hope that sluice of yours stays golden mate. ;)

Cheers Wal. :)

Anytime your round Wal, would love it. Dargo is one of my favorite places love it up there. Woodspoint is a cracker too, havent panned either spot but found heaps of gold in pot glasses at both pubs. Thanks Mate.

Welcome aboard Balx.
We'll have to meet up since we're only just down the road.

Latest posts