Hi All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Hubby and I have just returned from our 1st long caravan trip where we stumbled upon a town by accident of Inverell. It has been a dream of mine for years to fossick and decided to do it where we paid for the day and was able to be taught and use their equipment. Well I wish I had followed this dream earlier in life but here I am totally determined to make this my new hobby. We were able to get ourselves some sapphires, little ones and of not much value. What a thrill it was doing it. We then went on to Lightning Ridge to fossick for some opal. Again we have nothing to brag about. We were only noodling that was hard work with little reward but again the experience was awesome. I have just ordered a tumbler and sieves and cant wait to get them. We also are about to join a club to help us.
We are in the Victoria.

Gday and welcome MrsMc and the hubby! Yep, you caught the fossicking fever as all of us have hahaha. It must have been a great experience being taught and being able to use readily available equipment, I couldn't think of a better way to start!

Where abouts in VIC?

Hi and welcome I love Inverell we head down that way for our Christmas break, the sand mine at Tingha is great to visit $5.00 gets you in and you can do as you please We have beautiful Smokey quartz from there as big as your fist and I mean heaps of it.

We now have the gold bug, only gets better.

Cheers K-M :)

grrrr don't you hate that when your new to something and write and long post and press the wrong button and lose it.....lol

AtomRat we are in the Yarra Valley near Lilydale.

Kim-Margaret.....Tingha is now $10-00 each we had people we met at Inverell that had gone out there and they gave me their rejects as they were really into it all fossicking, cutting and selling.... Because we were on holidays we were not equipped to go out there as we had stopped there pending the weather to stop raining :( Want to go there next time.... My next caravan holiday will be a fossicking one lol

thanks for the welcome :)

G'day MrsMc, welcome aboard. Inverell is one of my fav places also, can't wait for it to warm up a bit and get back there, I did several trips up there before Winter set in, was awesome.

Latest posts