Hi all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex

Alex
Reaction score
G'day everyone,
I'm from Launceston, Tasmania and at the moment i'm doing a little bit of scratching around up in the old Lefroy goldfeild up in the north. I'm hanging around one site in particular in the area but cant say too much about it right now. What I can say is that my workshop manager had the lease up there from 1969 through to around 2006 and i'm in with him to apply for a new lease up there and re start the mine there.
Anyway i've been spending a few weekends up there digging a hole around the quartz reef he found a couple years back and i'm waiting results from a sample so I can work out how to extract the gold from the quartz.
We've done a few runs through the pan with some definite colour present but it is very fine.
I have been trying to put together some ideas and plans for some equipment to process the material for us but I don't think i'm allowed to use mechanical equipment until I have a lease.
When I get the lease I'll have to put a couple photos up of the site.

Hope to share some ideas with you blokes as some of you probably have a better idea than me. I'm still only a new kid on the block, only got my prospecting license a month or so back just so we could legally dig a hole up bush.
Regards,
Alex

Welcome to the forum Alex, sounds like some interesting times ahead. Hard rock mining can certainly be testing and perseverance mixed with copious amounts of hard work could result in big rewards. Hope the forum can be of assistance in answering some of your questions and hope the venture turns out a big success. Best of luck,

Cheers Wal,

Thanks mate, I've been going through all his old assays from the 1970's and its a very promising mine thats for sure. In one spot in the shaft an assay recorded 250g/per tonne. We're all keen to get back down the shaft but it's too sketchy and illegal without a lease. But anyway i'll just have to see how we go with the bottom reef and what we manage pull out of it. It's all just a bit of fun and something to do on the weekend anyway.

Welcome Alex, I have done a fair bit of prospecting around there, top area. I detected a nice crystalline nugget there last year. Good luck on the lease.

DD

Latest posts