Hi all from Strathalbyn

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randolph

randolph
Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this site so thought I would introduce myself. I lived in W.A. for 40 years, been back in Adelaide 7 yrs but still working in W.A. Started detecting with a Garret back in the late 70s. Found a few pieces just over the oz. around Mt. Magnet. Gave the game away for a long time but my interest came back when I was working and living in Paraburdoo. Bought a minelab 3500, and found a small piece on my first day out. Over the years I have not got rich but had a lot of fun trying. Have found hundreds of small pieces, best a 23 grammer on the different pastoral lease out from Para. I now run a GPX 5000 and have found some even smaller pieces with. Not knowing much about the golden triangle I have booked a weekend trip with Prospecting Victoria after which I will spend a few days on my own around the Dunnolly/Moliagol area. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Randy

G'day Randy and welcome to the forum, hope you are able to find all the advice you are looking for, its most probable that you will provided you allow yourself some time to interact with others.
Most people would like to find a bit of yellow very quickly or be guided to where the " X " can be found clearly marked on the ground, I wish it was that easy, but it isn't.
The truth is ... "Gold is where you find it" and its all about you taking one step left instead of one step right commonly known as luck, regardless of the research you may have done.
I've just returned from my 4th trip to Dunnolly, on my second trip using the 5000 I set a new record, I found a 1.4 grm nugget, the third trip more sub grammers, come home last Wednesday after the 4th trip with a new record to beat 14.5 grms ... not quite a half ounce .. that will be the next record to beat.

The best bit of info I can offer you is ... "if you want to waste your time on mullock heaps ... go for it"

Hi Randy,

Love Strath! Some gold around there, just probably not nuggety or shallow enough.

Have you done your weekend trip yet?

Cheers

Latest posts