Help find my mate Spike - Lost in action

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom

Eric Walker
Reaction score
Hi,

Long shot, but I have lost my best tool for fossicking and hope a fellow member may have come across Spike.
Description:
  • Stainless Steel Rod approx 3/8[/*]
  • Approx 600 mm long[/*]
  • T handle on top[/*]

May have been left at Tuena late last year, otherwise the garage gods have taken him.

1458538593_t_spike.jpg

Regards,

Phantom

Do you know where at Tuena? I might be heading there this Friday for a day dig so if it's close to me I'll have a scout for it.
Jon

Jon,
I'm a bit vague but two spots I remember:
1. Down past the sports shed
2. Dam paddock over the river and up the creek 100-200 meters.

I know others have been in these areas so assume it has been found, or I've buried it, or the garage gods have it.

As a last resort I may need to do a full clean out of the garage, my girl will be so happy, I cab see the smile on her face now.

Kind Regards,

Phantom

Probably where you parked the car and put it all on the ground before packing it up, still just lying there. (Maybe) :)

Eldorado,

I use it to find bedrock also doubles as a great crevicing digger. The stainless is so strong you can drive it into the gravel.

Regards Phantom

GaryO,

I would really appreciate that if I cannot find it. The workshop were I had it done has been pulled down for units.

Regards,

Phantom

My old man used to be into bottle collecting when I was a young fella and he always had a bottle prod. Much the same tool. Asked tonight what It was made of , EH Holden boot spring was the answer apparently 1/4 inch spring steel . He told me he has never found a better substitute. Best thing about spring steel it will bend without taking a set.

Latest posts