Hello you fellas ,

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys just joined , love the forum been looking for others who like coin and relic hunting , I've only just started detecting , not real good at it , been out about 4 times , only found a few good coins and a three pence , but was great to find the silver coin , I live in Deniliquin. Nsw on the Edward river , hope to learn some more from everyone , I have a ace 250 ,
Regard koori

Welcome to the forum Koori.
Quite a few coin hunters here so if you need any advice just yell out.
I'll be reading up on that topic too as I'm keen to give it a crack. I got an old detector but it still makes the right beeps :D

Cheers - Marty

I know how ya feel koori,when i found my first 6pence i must admit i did a bit of a happy dance :p
still hoping to find a nugget one day but i wasn't about to complain lol

Gday mate,
Research and perserverance :)
Did they have military camps, pow camps, old homesteads, riverside beaches where campers go??
All great places to work around.
To find anything is a bonus.
Even go to the Deni ute muster site for a swing :)
I rekon a few coins may have hit the deck. Lol

Hi gh , yeah was pretty happy with the coin, found it at a spot on the river were they use to hold swimming meetings way back , the council had bulldozed and built paths and covered most of it , with only a small patch of ground not covered , so was happy to find it there , kp mate , my next trip in planning is to a little town about 20 minutes away called mathoura , it's we're my mums from , she knows a few spots were when she was young there were old shacks on the creek there , people built there On my way! Shacks in the forest , one was my dads camp , so keen to try there next ,

Welcome Koori
Keep a lookout for old house sites too
I did one on wanganella station
Great finds to be had on those I tell you
Good luck mate

thanks for the welcome ron
hi mudguts , wow Wanganella station that's a well know spot , would of been nice to try there

Latest posts