Hello & Thank you, New Member from the Silvan ( Mt Dandenongs ) area.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, Just saying hello & Introducing myself. I'm new to prospecting & from the Silvan area In the Mt Dandenong Ranges ( Victoria ).
Looking forward to getting to know you all, hopefully make some new friends & learn, learn, learn from you all.

Looking forward to getting to know you all,
Di :D

Hey Goldflower, welcome!

I'm fairly new to this as well and find that lots of reading, listening, research, and realising that there's no such thing as a silly question is invaluable.

If you're ever up for a day trip to dig a few holes in a likely creek just yell out.

Best of luck with your search.

Steve.

Deepseeker said:
Hi Di, Welcome to PA.
Nice spot there in Sylvan, I used to live just up the road in Olinda. I sometimes stood at the chainwire fence in Sylvan looking through at the reservoir and thinking about all the trout in there that I wasn't allowed to catch :)

Hehe I did the same as you mate...except I might have found a hole in the fence....there certainly was some nice trout in there...I used to live in Ferny Creek once upon a lifetime ago....

Also welcome Di (Goldflower) and Punter to PA....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kool. Once you have your ten post up.
You can access members meet ups, and PM other members etc.
Tee up your own meet in the area you want. :Y:

Colour&Shape said:
Deepseeker said:
Hi Di, Welcome to PA.
Nice spot there in Sylvan, I used to live just up the road in Olinda. I sometimes stood at the chainwire fence in Sylvan looking through at the reservoir and thinking about all the trout in there that I wasn't allowed to catch :)

Hehe I did the same as you mate...except I might have found a hole in the fence....there certainly was some nice trout in there...I used to live in Ferny Creek once upon a lifetime ago....

Also welcome Di (Goldflower) and Punter to PA....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Haha, you guys made me laugh .. especially the found a hole In fence. We are literally just around the corner from there.

Thanks to everyone for your welcomes & sorry I had not logged In to find & reply.

Merry & Safe Christmas to all!

mudgee hunter said:
Kool. Once you have your ten post up.
You can access members meet ups, and PM other members etc.
Tee up your own meet in the area you want. :Y:

Thank you. Probably a good Idea to see who else Is In the area with similar Interests.
Still brand new & learning but all very Interesting ... even the 2 bottle caps I have found :p :lol:

Punter101 said:
Hey Goldflower, welcome!

I'm fairly new to this as well and find that lots of reading, listening, research, and realising that there's no such thing as a silly question is invaluable.

If you're ever up for a day trip to dig a few holes in a likely creek just yell out.

Best of luck with your search.

Steve.

Hi Steve, Sorry It took me like forever to reply.
Didn't log In for a bit then just found these now ( my bad & sorry to all ).
Are you local? All still so new to me, but trying to learn as I go ( just call me the bottle cap hunter ... lol ).
Merry Christmas,
Di

Latest posts