Hello prospectors and fossickers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mundi

Ray Watson
Reaction score
Hi All Seekers, 2 years ago i was introduced to prospecting at Dells Hole with my cousin who has found a good share of Gold in the FNQ. In that time ive purchased an SDC2300 and have had some success with it, about an ounce all up with my biggest piece an 18 gram specimen . Ive kitted up with a 4wd, camping equipment to last around 3 weeks unsupported, my detecting gear. been out a few times along the Gilbert and Percy rivers under my cousins EPM. While not prospecting im out Fossicking with my ACE150 which by the way has netted me with loads of coins and some jewellery. I will be updating this machine when the ACE400i comes out next month. Ive watched loads of youtube videos for a while now and am subscribed to a few well knowners from other countries, even the young australian digger from NSW. (nuggetnoggin,nuggetmagnet,JDs varietychannel, NQ explorers ect) Its turned into a passion,.... no, more like an obsession and soon it will be cool enough to get out there again with my cousin and search for big gold.
My memorable finds so far
total about an ounce of gold with one 2.6 grammer that looks like a sharks tooth
1857 One quarter indian anna found in Gordanvale qld
1826 Large copper Penny found in Whittlesea vic
3 silver rings, hoping for a goldie
2 terracotta penny ink pots and a larger cone shaped ink pot
a descent condition bell and sons tin match box
1000 year old chinese coin found at the channon caravan park NSW.
various pre 1900s pennies and half pennies.
A few old interesting Bottles
When i get sorted i will be uploading images and maybe vids of my finds and will start a cairns detecting FB page.
I totally love the search and hope to go out with other enthusiasts one day
cheeers from Gordanvale

Hi Mundi,
You've experience under your belt and it seems you're well hooked into prospecting as are we.
I'm also a newbie to this site (with some past experience as well), but it has been very rewarding as a member. Have met quite a few others in the gold fields during my short time, and have laughed and learned from many like minded. Welcome aboard.

Latest posts