Hello my name is.......

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
......Jules :)

Ive finally built up the nerve to introduce myself. I signed up a lil while ago and have been reading eagerly all the wonderful threads and what the forum has to offer. I must say i am absolutely loving it and find you all so lovely, i have already learnt so much.

My name is Julie and i am from SE Victoria.

I have always had a thing for rocks that stemmed back about 22yrs ago when i asked my Dad to bring me home something from his holiday and the bugger brought me back home a rock!
Now every time I or somebody i know goes anywhere I always end up with a rock from that place.

Turning it into a hobby came last Christmas when i saw a rock tumbler and thought that would be pretty cool to give it a try (not thinking it would take a month of constant noise in the back room, LOL). My husband got me one for Chrissy and i have just gone onwards and upwards from there getting into gemstones and now im busting to find my first piece of Gold no matter how small it is i just want to find my 1st little glimmer.

Ive been out to a few places with my husband, im lucky that he is starting to pick up the hobby, and found a few lil gems to add to my collection.

I feel the next step for me is to get a metal detector. Ive really wanted to get one, or at least try one for so many years.
Its now top of my list for Santa ;)

Well i think that's enough from me for the time being or i will end up writing an an essay.

So a massive Hello from me, i hope to add to the forum and get to know you all much better.
Also a huge Thank you for all the help and advice i have received from this forum whilst being a silent member :)

Cheers
Jules

Slim - I wish!
Shady - Im happy to say that im not.

Now i have that song in my head. I should have thought through the heading better, LOL

Lol sorry Jules , never meant to insinuate you were shady . Just read your heading and bang!!! It was the first thing I thought of (misspent youth). Welcome to the forum I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Luke

That's OK Luke, I didn't take it personally at all :D
Thanks for the welcome & apologies if that song is stuck in your head like it is mine, lol.

Welcome Jules , you've now taken your 1st big step.
You have made your 1st of many posts and now your falling into
the whirlpool of the forum.
Way to go.
Cheers Steve :D

Thank you so much for the warm Welcome TFK, Ramjet and Steve :)

I hope to be able to share my joy of my first glimmer with you all soon.

Bangas said:
......Jules :)

I feel the next step for me is to get a metal detector. Ive really wanted to get one, or at least try one for so many years.
Its now top of my list for Santa ;)

Gday Julie , ill see what i can do for you :D

Thank you again so much for the Welcome Sandta and the duck.

Sandta, i just got all excited reading that. I promise to leave you out one of my homebrews Christmas eve night ;)

the duck, we did try to get to the triangle but hubby became very sick and we had to rush him back. Hoping to try and get back up there in the very near future.
The heat doesn't worry me in the slightest thankfully, i used to work in a factory/foundry for 11yrs. Masses of flies is another matter though, LOL.

The past few days ive been madly smashing up rocks (hubby made and welded up a rock crusher at work for me YAY!) and trying to get my panning down pat with numerous youtube vids but would love to run into somebody to show me first hand.

Im not too bad at panning i think. Ive cut up a few tiny bits of lead and painted them gold with nail polish
(Yep, that sh!t just got girly, lol) and i still have them at the end.

Hello my name is....Grant and I'm a Goldaholic, its been 3 weeks since my last gold and I am starting to get withdrawl symptoms, cold sweats, shaking hands, panning my breakfast cereal to get the heavies to the bottom, for goodness sake I just turned a plastic milk bottle into a sand sieve for beach detecting...I cant go on like this..... :p

Welcome to the forum Jules, you now officially have gold fever and I am afraid there is no cure. 8)

We hold regular AA meetings, Auriferous Anonymous meetings and I am sure there is a chapter in your area you could go along to. :p

Enjoy!

Welcome aboard Bangas & Mash(Hubby?) :p
No need to travel tooo far to find some gold...
Google some of your local rivers, streams/creeks & the word gold & you're bound to come up with an creek to go panning in.
Where abouts in SE Vic are you's?

Thanks Steve and Luke.
Hub just rolled his eyes at my nail polish nuggets but i bet i catch him using them, lol

Steve just you wait till i hit that magical number to post photos lol ;)

Thank you for the welcome Grant and Ag Man.

I love your work with the breakfast cereal Grant, sometimes you just have to do what gets you through lol :lol:

Ag man, hubby does tend to get called Mash, we should have named the dog 'onion gravy'!
I have been trying to do some google research (thank you so much for the tips in the right direction)
We are around the cranbourne area, just out a bit. We have only hit a couple of spots like Wesburn and Warburton, yet to find any gold but have found a few pretty lil stones like quartz and citrine.
We both have a day off on the weekend so are hoping to get out for a drive and take the new (but old) pathfinder for a bash and pick up some more rocks for me to smash. :D

Welcome Julie, this is a great forum with lots of helpful people
hope you enjoy and look forward to seeing your posts.
I love your part of the country, I travelled down that way from
QLD 5 years ago for a holiday and have many happy memories
Craig

Thank you for the Welcome Craig.
It is very Beautiful down here as im sure its very beautiful where you are.

5yrs ago....sounds like your'e due for another holiday soon :)

Latest posts