Hello from the Central Coast NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm Reece from Bateau Bay NSW.
I have taken a liking to prospecting in the last few months. The idea of something precious being spread out over our country has made me get a few basic digging tools and a super sluice pan to start what could be hopefully a new hobby for me.
An Australian made cyclone long handled shovel, pick and small trowel. A few 20 litres buckets and a bunnings plastic sieve. I always buy Australian made if the option is there.

Being into fishing all my life (26 years) the "the next cast.." keeps me keen.
I can see a similarity here with "the next pan.." !

I enjoy bushwalking and being away from the crowds.
I have been on the forum for around two weeks and have picked up the general basics of gold and how to find it. I actually couldnt help myself and have visited a local creek a few times to try my luck and to get some hours on the pan.

I am a shipwright by trade, but currently earning a wage as a Team Leader vehicle builder in Newcastle, working on a new fleet of waratah trains which are built (poorly) in China and brought up to spec for service in Sydney.

I have a well set up nissan patrol and i am keen to head out west, get into some creeks and have a good go at panning.
I think forums are a great medium for people with hobbies such as prospecting, seems like a great bunch of people on here and hopefully one day i might catch up with some of you.

Reeko is my nickname, Reeks was a typo when registering :(

Hi Reece, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the camaraderie and also the excellent pointers from very experienced members.

There's always the "next pan" to keep you interested like me :D

Cheers
Gav

Hi Reece,
Im also from bateau bay,
have you ever used metal detectors on the beaches round here?Any success?

Hey my very first post!
Hi Calee, welcome to the forums.
Yes i have swung my aldi detector over a few local beaches and found mainly modern coins and some cheap jewellery and ALOT of junk.
There are quite a few detectorists around with much better detectors than my little one, so naturally they get most the goods.

Goodluck with your new detector

Hey reeko,

Welcome! I am from Penrith and I am also fairly new to the forum.
I have been getting onto some good colour in the central west and always keen to have a partner for a long weekend trip. If you are keen to go for a dig.. Just let me know.

Cheers
Retrojez

Latest posts